Home

Poll: Teambuilder of Every FCS team in the game? Which would you rather have?

This is a discussion on Poll: Teambuilder of Every FCS team in the game? Which would you rather have? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which would you rather have in NCAA 2010: Teambuilder or all the FCS teams?
Teambuilder 98 63.23%
Every FCS team 57 36.77%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2009, 01:54 AM   #57
Rookie

capn_razzamataz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Poll: Teambuilder of Every FCS team in the game? Which would you rather have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
again this thread is about CAS/FCS and in that respect you've got to be kidding me if you can't see how teambuilder squashes last gen in every way.
I never said anything about Teambuilder being worse than PS2/Xbox CAS. I said they managed to include CAS and FCS in PS2/Xbox. I can't see how Teambuilder > CAS AND FCS.
Quote:
1. there were only select FCS teams before now you can have up to 25 of them and they will be way more accurate than ever.
Great, you can create 25 FCS schools (which is LESS than there were in previous generation games). Now you have no team-slots left and you still have to remove 25 FBS schools to be able to use them in Dynasty.
Quote:
2. the logos sucked before now i can upload not one but two of my own logos and if you haven't noticed this thread http://www.operationsports.com/forum...go-thread.html is bursting with people drooling over the possibilities
Wholeheartedly agree. This is one of my favorite features of Teambuilder.
Quote:
3. last gen had what 5 helmet, jersey, and pant types? now we have basically endless helmet possibilities, something like 70 different jerseys, and I think they said like 40 pant options
Once again, I never said CAS was better than teambuilder.
Quote:
4. stadiums on last gen were a joke, the FCS schools all had the same cookie cutter fields and CAS had like 5 stadiums with 5 different ugly backgrounds. now we can choose from over 100 different real looking stadiums and call them our own
See above.
Quote:
5. since they're on the computer rosters will be easier to edit than ever
Sort of. Rosters for the teams you create will be easy to edit. Rosters for the existing FBS teams will be as easy/hard (whichever way you want to look at it) as it was last year.
Quote:
6. we can share teams with eachother and since the site goes up a month before release you can be sure we'll all have instant access to 120 FCS schools plus probably schools from other divisions like D2, D3, NAIA, and yes even some JCs.
Sure I have access to all those, but I'll only be able to use 25.

Last edited by capn_razzamataz; 05-01-2009 at 01:58 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:09 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Poll: Teambuilder of Every FCS team in the game? Which would you rather have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn_razzamataz
I never said anything about Teambuilder being worse than PS2/Xbox CAS. I said they managed to include CAS and FCS in PS2/Xbox. I can't see how Teambuilder > CAS AND FCS.

Great, you can create 25 FCS schools (which is LESS than there were in previous generation games). Now you have no team-slots left and you still have to remove 25 FBS schools to be able to use them in Dynasty.

Wholeheartedly agree. This is one of my favorite features of Teambuilder.

Once again, I never said CAS was better than teambuilder.

See above.

Yep.

Sure I have access to all those, but I'll only be able to use 25.
but those 25 will be done right instead of a bunch of teams with uniforms and stadiums that aren't authentic. also last gen only let you put in 12 of all those FCS teams that were made poorly on the game and I understand you could schedule any of those teams, but c'mon seriously who actually scheduled more than one FCS school a year? regarding replacing FBS schools, i don't know maybe i'm in the minority here but out of 120 schools they're are at least 25 that i couldn't care less about playing. also don't forget that just because you remove a school say from the Sunbelt doesn't mean you won't be able to play against them in your dynasty. even though we haven't heard a word about this yet i'd expect it to be like last gen in that you can schedule any team that's on the game.

you say how have they surpassed what they did 4 years ago and I say allowing us to access an infinite number of authentic schools compared to a around 120 that were done right in last gen qualifies as surpassing.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:30 AM   #59
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
But given the circumstances of spending dev time half implementing a ton of FCS teams versus creating my own schools, teambuilder gets the vote hands down.
No lie, my brother...no lie.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:41 AM   #60
Rookie

EastSide_Avenger's Arena

OVR: 3

From what TeamBuilder is hyping up to be so far, I definitely prefer TeamBuilder over FCS schools... Definitely a whole new level of customization and the ability to accurately portray the FCS schools yourself over no TeamBuilder and having FCS schools poorly made...
Old 05-01-2009, 06:14 AM   #61
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
So you want 120+ FCS teams in the game NOT so you can play as them but on the oft chance you have one scheduled against your FBS team they'll look somewhat realistic during the blowout? I can see the press release now, "120+ semi accurate FCS lambs to slaughter!"

or...

People who want teambuilder so they can create and play as a team of their choosing. Under those circumstances, this decision had to be a layup for EA.

I do believe there should have been a buffer zone such as allowing created schools to be substituted for the generic schools on schedules. But given the circumstances of spending dev time half implementing a ton of FCS teams versus creating my own schools, teambuilder gets the vote hands down.
Exactly

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2009, 06:27 AM   #62
Rookie

Shock's Arena

OVR: 3

well, as it stands right now over 65% of the people who have voted say they would rather have Teambuilder! So this should end the dispute right?

Nope, people will always whine about something! *sigh* pathetic!
Old 05-01-2009, 09:15 AM   #63
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

One of the best memories growing up was creating my then future High School and playing against my Uncle and his former High School. We would play end on end trying to see who would come out on top. I missed that coming over to next- gen games.

I go to a FCS school right now, and all of my family has done the same. I still prefer Teambuilder over all FCS schools because I can make these teams my own, and I can make them accurate. Plus, I can have all sorts of historical teams and High School teams. Teambuilder lets you have FCS teams, historical teams, high school teams, and so much more.

Also, I have never understood why people want to beat up on FCS teams with Texas or LSU in dynasty mode. Take on the Sunbelt Conference, it's about the same.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:12 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 6

i agree that this is a fun feature.i am going to have a blast creating my school and then giving them a crazy alternate uni that doesnt even make sence.

if you want sim you shouldn't worry about the fbs schools. in my personal opinion anyone who keeps the FBS schools in their schedules is just trying to get a game were they can pump up their stats. we dont allow anyone to play them in our OD. sure it would be nice to get SIU, or beat the crap out of youngstown state, instead of just having FBS southwest. however i dont think you should ever even worry them being on your schedule. sure its fun to score a hunderd points go play techmo super bowl if you want that. to beat a fbs? there is no skill in it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »