Home

Team Builder Wishlist

This is a discussion on Team Builder Wishlist within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2009, 05:27 PM   #1
Rookie

Apollo's Arena

OVR: 5
Team Builder Wishlist

Based on the latest feed back from OMT, It seems that all the question threads on this topic can't be answered now based on the fact that this mode is a "work in progress" and will continue to be worked on, even after it is released.

To that end, I would like to start this thread and I hope it can be stickyed, so we can offer our suggestions to the NCAA team and maybe they can be added them to what I believe is one of the best modes ever offered by EA.

First suggestion:

Scalable, movable helmet logos.

Based on the fact that the custom logo dimensions are square, I would bet that when that square logo is applied to the helmet, it will be placed right in the the middle of the helmet.

This is OK if your logo is square. What if your logo is a rectangle? Then your logo will look strange in that square area.

Giving the user the ability to scale and move your logo around on the helmet would give us greater flexibility on what the helmet will look like.

Below are examples of what I am talking about. Image 1 is of the area of a square non scalable logo.

Image 2 is an example of rectangular logos in that square area.

Image 3 represents what we can do if we can scale and move our logos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1tbldr copy.jpg (54.4 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg 2 tbldr copy.jpg (100.7 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg 3 tbldr copy.jpg (119.0 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by Apollo; 04-30-2009 at 05:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 05:29 PM   #2
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Team Builder Wishlist

That's a good idea, but it sounds pretty tricky to implement. Maybe for NCAA11 they could update the custom helmet code to support it.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
That's a good idea, but it sounds pretty tricky to implement. Maybe for NCAA11 they could update the custom helmet code to support it.
Yeah, this is one of the things on my wishlist. We would have to update the game code to make this happen, not just the web app.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:32 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yeah, this is one of the things on my wishlist. We would have to update the game code to make this happen, not just the web app.
How about updating Revolution facemasks? Is that high on your wishlist?
Old 04-30-2009, 05:32 PM   #5
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

Separate text boxes for the front of the jersey above the numbers (it sounds like they will support this one) and also the front of the jersey on the trim (I'm guessing they are not supporting this one). Also, italics in the text boxes (I'm guessing they are not supporting this).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 05:35 PM   #6
Rookie

Apollo's Arena

Smile Re: Team Builder Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

Great to hear!

One other thing to think about would be placing the logo on the front our the back of the Helmet as well!
Old 04-30-2009, 05:39 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 29

1.choose rivalry(s) - i'm hearing that with this mode you only inherit the rival of whatever team you replace in dynasty mode. for me that's not quite a dealbreaker, but very very close.

2.textbox obove numbers on front of jersey - everything we've heard is that they are efforting it. it would be so huge just because so many teams have text there.

3.more logos-2 team logos is plenty, but i'd love to be able to select from a list of generics like the NCAA football or conference logos to put on uniforms and fields.

4.more in depth endzone creator - I love being able to edit the text in each zone, but what would be really awesome is if they just let us import custom artwork the same way we can import logos, like Madden PC games do.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:43 PM   #8
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

Icon7 Re: Team Builder Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
1.choose rivalry(s) - i'm hearing that with this mode you only inherit the rival of whatever team you replace in dynasty mode.

3.more logos-2 team logos is plenty, but i'd love to be able to select from a list of generics like the NCAA football or conference logos to put on uniforms and fields.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
being able to at least replace the FCS Regional teams in dynasty modes.
Very much agree!

Last edited by TrevJo; 04-30-2009 at 05:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »