Home

new running animations in madden

This is a discussion on new running animations in madden within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2009, 02:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
new running animations in madden

take a look........

is NCAA gonna get their running animation tuned as well???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #2
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: new running animations in madden

while i hope so i dont think people should just keep seeing things that are in Madden and expect them to be in this year's NCAA game as well. A lot of those Madden things are being introduced as major improvements so itd seem odd to showcase all those things and stick your chest out so to say if they're going to just be added to NCAA without really being talked about. It looks like this year Madden getting some new guys to the staff (Ian Cummings) have really worked hard on the gameplay and getting things to look as realistic as possible so hopefully the ground work they'll be laying out in this year's Madden will make its way into the next version of NCAA at least.

But i agree with you that the running styles do need to be fixed because the current ones dont look that great.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:05 PM   #3
Rookie

i get your point, but ncaa said that they were tuning their running animations still as well.......

i think the reason madden jumped on it so quick is because there was like 10 threads all dedicated to complaining about the running animation.

i personally think that they should make it so that you cant cut all crazy, you sort of have to slow down when you hit the stick to change directions. that would add a ton of realism instead of bieng able to make a complete turn all easy without even changing your running stance.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:12 PM   #4
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

yea i agree with you so i hope it doesnt come across like i'm bashing you. I think the new people that have joined the Madden team really came in and were extra dedicated to fixing a lot of the complaints and have done an amazing job communicating through the forums with the consumers and addressing their concerns. While some of the NCAA team have done a decent job communicating on the forums, its nothing like what the Madden guys have done.

But you are right that the running motions def need to be fixed.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:17 PM   #5
Rookie

GigemAGGIES13's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm pretty confident we're not getting any of these improvements, especially not this late into the development cycle.

Is there even a chance of new announcements?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2009, 03:22 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigemAGGIES13
I'm pretty confident we're not getting any of these improvements, especially not this late into the development cycle.

Is there even a chance of new announcements?
yea this late in the development cycle im guessing animations are bieng fine tuned and playboooks and rosters are bieng worked on alot.

yes they still havent released ALOT of info. nothing about road to glory, nothing about alternates, and only scratched the surface on gameplay and presentation.

theres still like 70 days to go.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:25 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
yea i agree with you so i hope it doesnt come across like i'm bashing you. I think the new people that have joined the Madden team really came in and were extra dedicated to fixing a lot of the complaints and have done an amazing job communicating through the forums with the consumers and addressing their concerns. While some of the NCAA team have done a decent job communicating on the forums, its nothing like what the Madden guys have done.

But you are right that the running motions def need to be fixed.
naw i never took it that way lol. but yea i agree with you mann. russ, greg, and adam are cool but were still missing like a ton of people. whereas the lead designer for madden is on here almost 24/7 constantly taking feedback.

we need to get a playbook guy on the board, either over here or at ncaa strategies.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:39 PM   #8
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

That video doesn't look all that realistic to me, I like the basic form but IRL the player's feet move a lot more quickly.

TBH I won't be happy with the running animations until there are so many that you can tell which one of your players it is by how they run..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »