Home

say hello to college playoffs (hopefully)

This is a discussion on say hello to college playoffs (hopefully) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #9
six
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: say hello to college playoffs (hopefully)

Exactly, in our country's current state why the hell are our President and Congress so obsessed with something as stupid as a college football playoff? They have much much more important things to do like fixing our economy and making sure some psycho country like North Korea doesn't go crazy and attack us...I want a college football playoff as much as the next guy, but geeze, Congress stepping in shows the current affairs of our nation's leadership aren't exactly as bright as most were billing them last November. Priorities...they aren't showing them.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:45 PM   #10
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

College playoffs are corny because it completely undermines the aura of college football - it makes the regular season useless. The BCS is fine for the most part. More weight does need to be given to schools with perfect records, though. My biggest issue with the bowl system is that there are way too many bowls now. Two 6-6 teams going at it in a bowl game is not impressive and it's purely a money grab. They need to shorten the amount of bowls and actually make it a privilege again.

And Congress needs to worry about the economy before trying to "fix" CFB.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:59 PM   #11
Rookie

texasfan_95's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
this seems to be on the horizon, with congress taking action. EA hopefully you are following this.

I will surely be flamed for this but i don't think we need a playoff. I'm a Texas fan so I have seen the direct of effects of the BCS but I feel that the BCS makes college football great. Every game your season is on the line, that's what separates college football from the NFL or any other sport. I think having a season where one upset can jeopardize your season makes for great drama.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2009, 02:17 PM   #12
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by six
Exactly, in our country's current state why the hell are our President and Congress so obsessed with something as stupid as a college football playoff? They have much much more important things to do like fixing our economy and making sure some psycho country like North Korea doesn't go crazy and attack us...I want a college football playoff as much as the next guy, but geeze, Congress stepping in shows the current affairs of our nation's leadership aren't exactly as bright as most were billing them last November. Priorities...they aren't showing them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
College playoffs are corny because it completely undermines the aura of college football - it makes the regular season useless. The BCS is fine for the most part. More weight does need to be given to schools with perfect records, though. My biggest issue with the bowl system is that there are way too many bowls now. Two 6-6 teams going at it in a bowl game is not impressive and it's purely a money grab. They need to shorten the amount of bowls and actually make it a privilege again.

And Congress needs to worry about the economy before trying to "fix" CFB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
Those dipwads in congress have much more important things to do than meddle in college football.
Trying to not get into politics here. But, the only thing congress can do to "fix" the economy is to get rid of all of the open trade policies, and the NAFTA agreement. By doing this it would kill most of the outsourcing that has been done over the past 10 years, bring more jobs to America and eventually strengthen the value of the dollar.

The economy is not up to the government though. The main governing body over the state of our economy is the Federal Reserve. They make the decisions in regards to everything economical in this country.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #13
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfan_95
I will surely be flamed for this but i don't think we need a playoff. I'm a Texas fan so I have seen the direct of effects of the BCS but I feel that the BCS makes college football great. Every game your season is on the line, that's what separates college football from the NFL or any other sport. I think having a season where one upset can jeopardize your season makes for great drama.
I agree. The BCS offers a lot of postseason discussion as well in regards to who really is the best team. Having a tournament kills that.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:33 PM   #14
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Trying to not get into politics here.
But, the only thing congress can do to "fix" the economy is to get rid of all of the open trade policies, and the NAFTA agreement. By doing this it would kill most of the outsourcing that has been done over the past 10 years, bring more jobs to America and eventually strengthen the value of the dollar.

The economy is not up to the government though. The main governing body over the state of our economy is the Federal Reserve. They make the decisions in regards to everything economical in this country.
That is a good way to kill the economy for a long time. The only way to fix the economy is to bite the bullet, let some bad companies fail and then rebuild.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:51 PM   #15
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
I agree. The BCS offers a lot of postseason discussion as well in regards to who really is the best team. Having a tournament kills that.
Yeah, instead of having to guess who the best team is we'd know for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2009, 05:58 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
I know i'm so sick of hearing fans from every other league on the planet moan about how there's nothing to talk about once the seasons over

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »