Home

Issues for online dynasty commissioners with teambuilder.

This is a discussion on Issues for online dynasty commissioners with teambuilder. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4
Issues for online dynasty commissioners with teambuilder.

Can a developer answer the following questions / issues?

Can a user import competed cas teams into team builder from another user.
We know we can download to our system. The question is can I go and get your team and pull it into my teambuilder profile without me creating the whole team myself. From what I read we create on teambuilder from a web portal, but we download from the disc, in a menu in EA locker or something similar.

Is there a "save as" feature so i can take a team i created, make some changes and save it as a new team and still have the original intact.

Are the overall ratings for a team calculated based on the player ratings? My question is if I make a team and edit my players will a rating for my overall calculate, adjust and appear based on the player’s ratings. Can I create a true and accurate 93 overall team without editing the overall rating? (I want to avoid the team that has all players 99’s across the board but the edited overall says it’s a 74 overall team).

I can see a cas online dynasty full of teams with 50 freshman and clones of Adrian Peterson and Barry Sanders, Randy Moss, Tom Brady, Tim Tebow, Troy Palomalo, Every freshman will have 99 speed and 99 overall. I want to have guys make their team and I import it to teambuilder to check the rosters and edit ratings based on rules the dynasty will have.

Reason being you might like your team with 6, 99 speed wrs and its your favorite. As I am setting the dynasty up, all that needs to happen is drop a few ratings on my end instead of you changing your team for my dynasty.

I want to possibly run two dynasties (different psn’s), in one you will have to have at least 15 players per class. Positions and speed would have to be spread out among all classes. Speed would be applied with a credit system and class limits(freshman limits, seniors mandatory one per position) . Also skill ratings groups (example, 280 points to apply between acc, agil and stamina for wr’s) would have a credit system.
I could explain more on how I would do this in another thread if asked.
The other dynasty I want to have, users create and name teams using default roster types with unedited ratings (using 6 of the 8 preset teams accept the all American team and scrub team).

Online dynasties: I have seen a lot of negative feelings about online dynasties. I am going to say that I know for a fact you are missing out on a great football experience. The guys you meet in lobbies are not the same type of players you have in online dynasties. You know the guys in the dynasty and communication is maintained on a forum. You will get the boot if you play bad. You can’t quit/disconnect because your opponent still plays the game and you get the loss. Commissioners can throw out results or kick guys out of dynasties. Even with the AI the way it is, and the sliders set, the season came down to user games. Everybody beats the CPU 98% of the time on Heisman. Your season was defined by user games. Your recruiting class was impacted by the other user teams since we all go hard for the same 5* players.
I played over 30 full online seasons with teams from Oklahoma, FSU, Bama, to Nevada, Troy, and Houston.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Issues for online dynasty commissioners with teambuilder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smace767
Can a user import competed cas teams into team builder from another user.
We know we can download to our system. The question is can I go and get your team and pull it into my teambuilder profile without me creating the whole team myself. From what I read we create on teambuilder from a web portal, but we download from the disc, in a menu in EA locker or something similar.
you can search for and download anyone's Team, as long as they have it set for public. doesn't even matter what system they play on.

also, TeamBuilder doesn't use the EA locker. you create the team on the TeamBuilder website, then from the game you search for your team and download it. i guess in simple terms, it's kind of like the reverse of how the upload highlights/photos work.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 05-03-2009, 09:40 PM   #3
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
you can search for and download anyone's Team, as long as they have it set for public. doesn't even matter what system they play on.

also, TeamBuilder doesn't use the EA locker. you create the team on the TeamBuilder website, then from the game you search for your team and download it. i guess in simple terms, it's kind of like the reverse of how the upload highlights/photos work.
Thanks man, You missed it. I know you can download anybodies team to your system. but can you grab it(somebodies team) from the teambuilder site and upload that team to your teambuilder site? I want to get their team and put it in my teambuilder group on the web to edit it, not on my ps3.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:48 PM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Thanks man, You missed it. I know you can download anybodies team to your system. but can you grab it(somebodies team) from the teambuilder site and upload that team to your teambuilder site? I want to get their team and put it in my teambuilder group on the web to edit it, not on my ps3.
that we don't know yet. there may be an option on the TeamBuilder site itself that would allow us to "copy" someone else's team. we'll have to wait until a dev or until the site goes live, which should be next month.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 05-04-2009, 11:11 AM   #5
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Not at this time. We are looking into ways that you can clone someone else's created team and edit it as if it were your own team.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »