Home

Possession WR will they matter?

This is a discussion on Possession WR will they matter? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2009, 11:54 AM   #9
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Possession WR will they matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
92 and below can barely get back to the line of scrimmage on Heisman
Man bruh, you ain't lying!!
Old 05-04-2009, 12:02 PM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

They have made a big deal about the WR/DB animations and hand fighting system. Ian has said that this will be much improved in the '10 games (both Madden and NCAA) and that speed will be a smaller factor and route running a much bigger factor. So possession receivers will be more valuable this year. How much is still unknown until we get our hands on it or get some detailed gameplay impressions.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:03 PM   #11
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65South
Man bruh, you ain't lying!!
Lol. It sucked to have to pass up on the 5 star bruiser because he had B+ speed. Instead, I had to make sure the RB I was recruiting ran at least a 4.29 (93 speed)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2009, 01:28 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
Lol. It sucked to have to pass up on the 5 star bruiser because he had B+ speed. Instead, I had to make sure the RB I was recruiting ran at least a 4.29 (93 speed)

Possession receivers and Big Backs aren't WIIIIDE Open. If you had the Jamaican WOMENS 4 x 100 relay team as you WR's you win the National Title, doesn't matter what their route running or hands ratings are.

Heck, with speed the ONLY factor, why doesn't EA just let you recruit players from the animal kingom.

I think I'll use create a school this year and create Noah's Ark. I'll get 2 cheetahs and a couple gazelle's as my WR's and run a 4 WR set. On defense I'll have a couple Kangaroos and a Wallabeee on the Defensive Line so they can jump the snap. And I'll get Gus the Mule to do my kicking, not like ratings matter there either. Any Jack *** can bang a 55 yarder.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 34

actually, tactually the only rating that mattered was the speed of the OFFENSIVE player.

a 92 speed WR was always going to out run your utterly useless 95 speed CB. Period.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:32 PM   #14
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
They have made a big deal about the WR/DB animations and hand fighting system. Ian has said that this will be much improved in the '10 games (both Madden and NCAA) and that speed will be a smaller factor and route running a much bigger factor. So possession receivers will be more valuable this year. How much is still unknown until we get our hands on it or get some detailed gameplay impressions.
While I hope this is the case and some changes have been made, I can still see a 95 speed WR running a drag thats unstoppable.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCebErgSLiM369
Funny you mention that cuz the best reciever prospect in college football right now (Julio Jones) is a possesion reciever. Not gonna run past a ton of people but ala Larry Fitzgerald doesn't need to get a ton of separtion. He's so big and strong he can shield defenders from the ball or out jump them on deep routes. Aldarious Johnson from Miami is another one. I've always preferred these recievers and I felt NCAA 09 did a decent job allowing me to utilize them. Hopefully they keep it up...
Dez Bryant>Julio Jones
Michael Floyd>Aldarious Johnson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2009, 03:55 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukantseame
Dez Bryant>Julio Jones
Michael Floyd>Aldarious Johnson

I don't know exactly what you are insinuating here but Michael Floyd is far from a burner WR. In fact, a lot of scouts compare him to Larry Fitzgerald's skill set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »