Home

Any interest from the community in online stats?

This is a discussion on Any interest from the community in online stats? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2009, 11:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Any interest from the community in online stats?

Last year, I created a custom online stat tracking web page for my online dynasty. Everybody in the dynasty loved it, and it really kept everyone going, being able to see their stats and discuss the league leaders in many category and such. However, I haven't seen any mention yet of EA adding automated online stat tracking to NCAA 2010. I know there's a couple months left till release and still lots of info to be known, but if they don't add it, is there any interest in this community for a custom online stat tracking system?

The way it's set up is that you enter your stats for each game. This is NOT player stats, just game stats such as yardage gained/allowed, first down, rushing/passing TD's, 3rd/4th conversions, etc etc. Basically, all the overall team stats. These are entered manually into the site, and the site takes care of the rest. Entering these stats is made as simple as possible.

There are other features of my system that include admin controls such as adding and dropping teams from the website as your dynasty member list changes, adding schedules at the beginning of the season, and having a league leaders page showing your best players in numerous categories.

If EA doesn't add automated stat tracking, would anybody be interested? The reason I ask is because I'm trying to put out some feelers. If there seems to be enough interest, I'll need to make some additions to the software to make it better and fix a few bugs that I simply worked around last year. I also am considering either asking for a small donation from anyone who uses it, or offering packages that would be something like $10 for the complete software and you use your own hosting/database, or $20 if you'd like me to host it and set it up for you for a period of around 6 months or so. I don't expect to get rich, just wondering if it'll be worth trying to recoup some cost for my time put into it. If I were to offer hosting, I'd definitely charge, since that costs money.

Thanks for any feedback. I would like for people to know that this is available, since it adds so much to online dynasties. I may decide to just give it away to anybody who wants it, depending on how much time I need to put into updating it.

Here is my dynasty stats page from last year. Keep in mind that our dynasty petered out midway through the 3rd season, so some of the stats might look a little weird because it wasn't updated like it should have been. Also, I plan on adding a news section in the big blank space on the front page .

http://dynastystats.joshpuckett.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Any interest from the community in online stats?

That is really cool. I'd probably be interested in paying a small fee.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 05-05-2009, 11:40 AM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I wish all sports video games would allow you to export team and player stats into text files to use. That would be great for dynasty and franchise reports.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
EA Game Changer

gschwendt's Arena

OVR: 12

Not to rain on your parade or step on any toes but Avid Dynasty Manager already does dynasty tracking.

The only difference is that it's designed for a single player dynasty rather than multiple teams.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschwendt
Not to rain on your parade or step on any toes but Avid Dynasty Manager already does dynasty tracking.

The only difference is that it's designed for a single player dynasty rather than multiple teams.
Don't worry, I'm not having a parade. If someone else is out there doing it better, then great. I'm not looking to make money or create a business model, just offering what I made to the community if nothing else like it exists. I didn't know if it was an original idea or not, that's one of the reasons for this thread.

If somebody is already doing something like what I have, and it's better, then please let me know, I'll switch to it . But if there isn't anything else out there, then I'll offer what I have until EA steps up and makes it simple for all of us.

I have a day job that pays the bills, I just like coding in my spare time.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »