Home

Power Running Game NCAA 10

This is a discussion on Power Running Game NCAA 10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
Rookie

Diabolicole's Arena

OVR: 2
Power Running Game NCAA 10

Hey I havn't seen anything about this on any of the forums posts or maybe I'm just overlooking it, sorry if that's the case.

Are we going to see any improvements in the power running game? With the improvements to blocking and OL/DL interaction I would hope that the running game will be more dynamic, but will there be any advantages to having a bruiser at HB? In years past, having a guy that can blaze through the line with speed has always been better than the power guy, even when power running. I know madden is compensating for this with the pro-tak system.

Have any of the developers mentioned anything about something along those lines for NCAA?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Power Running Game NCAA 10

Man, I hope so.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

probably lol, Greg H said something about having alot of generic playbooks to fit the different styles of play.

power run
option run
balanced
west coast
spread option
spread
spread pass

just naming a few i think that they should have.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:52 PM   #4
Rookie

Diabolicole's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan
probably lol, Greg H said something about having alot of generic playbooks to fit the different styles of play.

power run
option run
balanced
west coast
spread option
spread
spread pass

just naming a few i think that they should have.
Yea I tried several times last year to convert to a power running school in my OD's and suffered for it. The Power and Option Run playbooks really kill you in 3rd and long situation and until the running game is more reliable the reward is not worth the risk. Another reason I've been praying for create-a-playbook to return for like 3 years!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:28 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolicole
Yea I tried several times last year to convert to a power running school in my OD's and suffered for it. The Power and Option Run playbooks really kill you in 3rd and long situation and until the running game is more reliable the reward is not worth the risk. Another reason I've been praying for create-a-playbook to return for like 3 years!
we'll they revamped playbooks............................. AGAIN

and i highly doubt that Create A Playbook will be back
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 12:20 AM   #6
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

If they put Kragthorpe's playbook in the game I'm so never using our playbook. Going straight to Arkansas' playbook and using Bobby Petrino's.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:36 AM   #7
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well the Oline/Dline interacttion has been reworked and alreadt mention in a blog earlier this year. If I can find it I will post it for. Far as the runnin game. The runnin game in 09 was good to me. I still play my 09 slot as of right now until 10 comes out.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:25 AM   #8
Rookie

Diabolicole's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Well the Oline/Dline interacttion has been reworked and alreadt mention in a blog earlier this year. If I can find it I will post it for. Far as the runnin game. The runnin game in 09 was good to me. I still play my 09 slot as of right now until 10 comes out.
I would say that the running game in general has improved over the years but it has the same problems of speed over all other attributes right now. That was the main point I was making. I want to see power as deadly as speed. Well, maybe not as deadly but at least important. Eggshells.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »