Home

NCAA Football 10 Blog: The Rebirth of the Flexbone Offense

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Blog: The Rebirth of the Flexbone Offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2009, 01:35 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: PLAYBOOK BLOG IS UP!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I don't get what some of you are saying that only 3 teams have access to this playbook. Any team can select this playbook or any playbook to use before a game starts. You just can't cherry pick certain formations to infuse into your "custom playbook".
it would be cool to cherry pick though.

they havent outsted it yet though...........

and besides there is probably an option run or option playbok under the geeric section. so 4 teams have access lol
Old 05-08-2009, 01:38 PM   #58
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan
it would be cool to cherry pick though.

they havent outsted it yet though...........

and besides there is probably an option run or option playbok under the geeric section. so 4 teams have access lol
Army, Navy, Air Force, Georgia Tech, and option run.

in NCAA '09, the Baylor and Balanced playbooks had 1 flexbone formation in it too. don't know if they will in NCAA 10 though.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 05-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #59
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

awesome!
Old 05-08-2009, 01:53 PM   #60
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylee
Since the other thread was locked -

Quick thoughts:

The motion is much improved. It's nice to see the slots running fast through their option motion so that the pitches can be on time.

Midline with the motion SB lead? Sweet.

The trap option play is cool, though I sort of remember it being in last-gen - minus the actual trap/log by the pulling guard. BUT..that guard runs right into the center and can't effectively get there even in the demo video?????

Thanks for the correct sweep action. Nice to see the B-Back go away from the play, just like in real life.

60 Choice is awesome. Thanks for bringing the Run and Shoot into the flexbone. God, I hope it works smoothly. Three thumbs up.

But, for all the great stuff, there's still the problem that they still are not optioning anyone.

Maybe it's just because they're just going up against air, but the linemen are still doing "walk straight ahead."

Look at the playside guard on Midline Option. He's supposed to ignore the DT and get to the MLB and the QB can option off of that DT. His animation looks identical to that of the playside tackle next to him, whose job it is to base block the DE.

Again, I might be mistaken because they're not actually blocking anyone BUT from everything I've heard, there's still not going to be unblocked defenders to read off of in this game. Disappointing.

I'd really appreciate a developer confirming or denying this. PLEASE???
I agree with you. Part of the problem in the Flexbone offense wasn't that certain plays were or were not in there. The problem is that the OL blocking is not correct. Everything is hat on hat blocking for the most part.

They can add all the new plays they want. The addition to the RB going into motion is awesome. The new running attack was cool. However, it doesn't mean squat until they fix the blocking of the OL.

The other part of the problem is that (as far as I saw) the OL didn't have the correct splits that are used to run the Flexbone offense. If you are going to correct problems, then let's correct problems. Personally, I think if they put in the correct line splits then they will cause another problem. I have always felt that EA uses an incorrect scale for the field dimensions. The field is too narrow and the field not long enough.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #61
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

When will EA explore how a true option works. I would like to see how its executed with a defense on the field. On that misdirection option everything seems to bunched up. Spacing is bad

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

This is nice and all. But if all these formations have the same 13 plays like last year it won't matter. If I see the same 13 pass patterns I've seen for years in EA football again this year I'll scream.

Maybe they'll actually have some good deep patterns for once too. I don't wanna see more playbooks with multiple formations using the same exact plays again.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #63
Rookie

I agree about line splits, heavyhitter. I'd certainly be cool to have wider splits for certain formations/teams - Navy, Texas Tech, etc - that use them extensively.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 5

Did they put the triple option back in every play book>??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »