Home

Who here might run the flexbone in 10?

This is a discussion on Who here might run the flexbone in 10? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #33
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Who here might run the flexbone in 10?

I am glad Air Force is still gonna have a mix of it again. I love their playbook in 09. It's fun to run and pass out of.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:49 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan009
bet team to run the flexbone with = Florida. Tebow, Rainey, and Demps.... doesnt get much better.
agree 1oo percent. i used it in 09 wit moody at fullback and it was pretty much unstoppable so yeah i'm definitely continue to use it
Old 05-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 7

If I buy NCAA, I'll use flexbone, even if the option is still broken.

The Run and Shoot aspects definitely make it more attractive than it used to be. They also fixed the way Rocket Toss and Midline work, which is good.

But, I'm leaning towards Madden right now.

I love college football much more, mainly because of the diversity of styles that is absent from the NFL.
but if those styles aren't going to be implemented well, then I'm probably just going to get the game that has better gameplay, and I think that's Madden right now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2009, 12:45 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 5

Ill be running it.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:56 PM   #37
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansPup
NG up to this point has done this offense such an injustice. When you love the scheme like a fat kid loves cake, it's tough watching EA spit in Paul Johnson's eye. One can hope in '10, but I have a feeling it will remain broken despite the playbook improvements.
+100

This is true. Unless EA changes the line splits and give the OL correct line pulls this offense will remain broken.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:47 PM   #38
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

I'll probably make a cas modeled after a real juco or something, and run the flexbone.

The team will probably start pretty lowly rated, but I'll make the guys I have ideal for the flexbone, so it's like I had actually been recruiting for it.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:45 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
+100

This is true. Unless EA changes the line splits and give the OL correct line pulls this offense will remain broken.

I watched the video over here -

http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia...82#post1972482

and the commentary just cracked me up

"No, you won't actually see the defensive end go unblocked..."

"Maybe not the true spirit of the offense, but the closest thing NCAA Football has ever done..."

It's just hilarious.

This isn't just a problem with one particular formation - it's a problem with an entire offensive philosophy that's at least present in most college playbooks and helps differentiate the college style from the pro style.

It's a problem if you like Florida, or West Virginia, Virginia Tech, Michigan, LSU, Georgia Tech, etc etc etc.

Many people have said "who cares about the blocking?"

Imagine a quick slant play where everyone ran streaks.

Or if there were no toss plays in the playbook - there was one labeled "Toss" but the back ran a dive through the A-Gap.

Or Fade play where the WRs stayed at the line of scrimmage and blocked.

I'm sure you could still get yards on this play if you thought about it
and if there were some glitches in the system, maybe you could exploit it for big yardage.
...but it would still be robbing you of something.

Just as for some people having the right colored cleats or correct stadium banners is integral to their enjoyment of the game, having a somewhat realistic version of one of the most important strategies in the history of football is integral to mine.

Georgia Tech beat Miami this year with a tackle that weighed less than 250 pounds. If he were blocking like they have him in the game, he would have been manhandled and the team would have rushed for -7 yards.
They ran for over 400 IRL.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #40
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdfowler
no it is more then a formation its the playbook for 3 teams tech,navy,army there is so much you can do out of it

Tech's playbook in the game last year included the wish bone, full house and others but GT and navy and i believe army don't even use them all they use is the flexbone
Tech strictly uses the flexbone. They need to get their playbook right. And its so friggin annoying when the commentators call Jonathan Dwyer a fullback everytime he busts a big one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »