Home

No TCF Bank Stadium?

This is a discussion on No TCF Bank Stadium? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2009, 03:09 PM   #9
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: No TCF Bank Stadium?

I imagine it has something to do with either NCAA rules, or what the University of Minnesota has in its contract. I'm sure the guys at EA would like to put it in there, but I think a clause prevents them from doing so.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:35 PM   #10
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
I imagine it has something to do with either NCAA rules, or what the University of Minnesota has in its contract. I'm sure the guys at EA would like to put it in there, but I think a clause prevents them from doing so.
No, its been stated that they can't go off of renders and stuff because the textures won't be accurate or something, which I think it dumb because I'm sure any 'Sota fan would love for their new stadium to be in even if the walls don't look good or something.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #11
stewaat

OVR:

I'm using Minnesota this year and also would love to see TCF Stadium in the game.

I'm hoping the generic stadium is workable.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 25

The lack of TCF Bank is huge IMO.

The Wisconsin-Minnesota rivalry the oldest and one of the most intense in all of college football and playing it in a generic just wouldn't feel right.

My Teams: Green Bay Packers, Wisconsin Badgers, Marquette Golden Eagles, Milwaukee Brewers, Virginia Tech Hokies, Texas Longhorns, Houston Texans, Houston Rockets
Old 05-09-2009, 07:12 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 20

Thats what the cougs had to go through, we were the last bcs team to have their stadium added until they added it last year....I hated playing ncaa 08 because of that
Old 05-09-2009, 08:29 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettoshark
The lack of TCF Bank is huge IMO.

The Wisconsin-Minnesota rivalry the oldest and one of the most intense in all of college football and playing it in a generic just wouldn't feel right.
Ghetto, one of the most intense????? I could name 5 rivalries bigger than this, and Im sure more are. Come on Ghetto, thats not even close to being in the top 2 of Big Ten rivalries.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 16

As for the topic, they wont have the renovated version of Michigan Stadium in either. Also, I would be glad that the stadium isnt in, because if it is wrong, it makes playing at the stadium unplayable. I know that in MLB 2K9, I cant stand playing at the new Yankee Stadium, since its wrong. I hate how they have the light blue walls, and takes away from the experience. I was hoping they had The House That Ruth Built in the game, so I can play there, but I dont think they do, sadly. So, having the new stadium be wrong makes playing at the stadium unplayable. I would rather have a correct stadium next year than an incorrect new stadium this year.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 11:31 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Ghetto, one of the most intense????? I could name 5 rivalries bigger than this, and Im sure more are. Come on Ghetto, thats not even close to being in the top 2 of Big Ten rivalries.
Have you ever been to Madison when the Gophers are in town? It's one hell of a crazy time

My Teams: Green Bay Packers, Wisconsin Badgers, Marquette Golden Eagles, Milwaukee Brewers, Virginia Tech Hokies, Texas Longhorns, Houston Texans, Houston Rockets

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »