Home

Skill Level Points

This is a discussion on Skill Level Points within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #1
Rookie

dstubb's Arena

OVR: 3
Skill Level Points

Can someone explain how the skill level points online are determined?

For example, last night I played a guy 2 levels up from me, lost by 3, and got -48 skill level points. I was playing with an unranked team (Michigan) and he was playing with a ranked team (Penn State).

Today I played a guy on my same level who I blew away and invoked mercy. He was Florida and I was Georgia. I got 40 skill level points.

It seems to me that if someone is using a less talented team, like my favorite BG Falcons, against a much stronger opponent, say Notre Dame, that should play a factor in the points. No one can argue that it's harder to use slower and less talented teams. The ball doesn't zip in quite as fast, many times the receievers cannot break away from the other team's DB's etc. If I lose to Notre Dame by 3 using Bowling Green against someone on my level, I shouldn't lose 48 points - it should be like 10.

And the same goes for "playing up" levels. If I come that close to beating someone with a superior team and by a player with a much higher rating, why do I lose so many points?

Pardon me if this has been discussed before, but I searched and couldn't find anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »