Home

Using Team Builder to create NFL Teams and I need your help!

This is a discussion on Using Team Builder to create NFL Teams and I need your help! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2009, 09:56 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Using Team Builder to create NFL Teams and I need your help!

Perfect for historic teams, which Madden will not have. But for regular NFL? Why not just use Madden?

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2009, 11:08 PM   #42
Rookie

yanek27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
This is what OMT said today about changing the colors of the Rams helmets.

"You can't edit an existing team's helmet. Are you talking about the ram horn helmet? That is a "style" of helmet you can pick from when creating."

and

"No, you can't edit an existing uniform. You can select the Colorado State helmet style and make a blue and white one though."

So, while you can't change the colors of the Colorado State Rams helmet, you most certainly can change the color of the "Rams horns" styled helmet. So, it all works out anyway.

Wow the Rams helmet is on there congrats to you. I still do not know how all the NFL teams are going to look. I mean your comment on using another logo for the Bengals was just pure genius. I might as well just go rent All Pro Football. Notice how you said can change the color of the already NCAA helmets. Well in the team xbox shots, I just noticed a helmet in the options that had the rams on them, doesnt look like they changed anything to do with Colorado State. But I got better things to do so have fun. Your idea is going to get old after like 24 hours just wait and see. Oh wow, I totally didnt even see you realize you cannot still edit NCAA helmets. Wow, my bad
Old 05-21-2009, 11:31 PM   #43
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanek27
I mean your comment on using another logo for the Bengals was just pure genius.
I never said anything like that.

Quote:
Notice how you said can change the color of the already NCAA helmets.
I did not say that. I said that the Rams horn helmet is a style and that you can change the colors of that style.

Quote:
Well in the team xbox shots, I just noticed a helmet in the options that had the rams on them, doesnt look like they changed anything to do with Colorado State.
Never said it was the Colorado State helmet.

Quote:
But I got better things to do so have fun. Your idea is going to get old after like 24 hours just wait and see.
It wasn't my idea. I've been defending the idea because it's ridiculous to criticize how people want to use the game. What's fun for you might not be fun for others, and vice-versa.

Still, I might make a alternate Cowboys and Rams teams for my friend and I, because I like changing the uniforms around.

Quote:
Oh wow, I totally didnt even see you realize you cannot still edit NCAA helmets. Wow, my bad
At least you admit you were wrong about something. These are baby steps, but they're better than nothing.

Last edited by 2krules; 05-22-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:35 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Wow the Rams helmet is on there congrats to you. I still do not know how all the NFL teams are going to look. I mean your comment on using another logo for the Bengals was just pure genius. I might as well just go rent All Pro Football. Notice how you said can change the color of the already NCAA helmets. Well in the team xbox shots, I just noticed a helmet in the options that had the rams on them, doesnt look like they changed anything to do with Colorado State. But I got better things to do so have fun. Your idea is going to get old after like 24 hours just wait and see. Oh wow, I totally didnt even see you realize you cannot still edit NCAA helmets. Wow, my bad
you're getting us mixed up regarding the bengals. what I said is "their" other logo, you know how the Bengals have a b logo with tiger stripes? how would it be so much less authentic to use that instead? would you mistake that team for some other team? do you even watch the NFL? most teams use more than one logo so if for whatever reason the OP can't make the helmet 100% authentic he can come pretty close or make a pretty cool alt helmet using a teams alt logo. really not too complicated.

and no you can't change Colorado States helmet color we've known that for some time, but what you can do which has been pointed out to you over and over is use the generic Ram stripe that's in teambuilder and make it whatever color you like. get it now?

also, this was never my or 2ks idea neither of us are the OP. we just have an open mind and don't feel the need to crap on what he's trying to do for no reason.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:21 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 6

you can go back to the Bengals throwbacks were it was just orange and said bengals in letters on the helmet.

i dont understand why people have the time to troll a forum and flame people who have found something that is entertaining to them. the primary argument is you cant do this team you shouldnt waist your time playing a nfl looking team with the college game. WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT THEY DO? if your just going to argue with people who in thier mind have already eliminated the problems you keep bringing up, then you are really waisting your time. its more pointless to do the same thing over and over again and expect different results eh?

the point of the team builder is to be original and fun... no one is flaming people for putting hs teams in there, then why bother flaming nfl teams? and they made comments like i wish i had the time but i have a job... well your job must be to sit around and do nothing if your in a forum under a subject that doesnt intrest you durring work hours (or during the day which is the usual work hours)

im not trying to be offesive to any individuals i just have no paitence for people who ruin the fun of others. they have had one post asking for help then 4 pages of people arguing. i cant spell either yea we know... because grammar is going to be the first thing that someone who doesnt agree with me but doesnt have a valid point brings up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #46
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpants
you can go back to the Bengals throwbacks were it was just orange and said bengals in letters on the helmet.

i dont understand why people have the time to troll a forum and flame people who have found something that is entertaining to them. the primary argument is you cant do this team you shouldnt waist your time playing a nfl looking team with the college game. WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT THEY DO? if your just going to argue with people who in thier mind have already eliminated the problems you keep bringing up, then you are really waisting your time. its more pointless to do the same thing over and over again and expect different results eh?

the point of the team builder is to be original and fun... no one is flaming people for putting hs teams in there, then why bother flaming nfl teams? and they made comments like i wish i had the time but i have a job... well your job must be to sit around and do nothing if your in a forum under a subject that doesnt intrest you durring work hours (or during the day which is the usual work hours)

im not trying to be offesive to any individuals i just have no paitence for people who ruin the fun of others. they have had one post asking for help then 4 pages of people arguing. i cant spell either yea we know... because grammar is going to be the first thing that someone who doesnt agree with me but doesnt have a valid point brings up
Excellent post. I was going to rag on him, but I stepped back and thought about it. I betcha that people will rag on me for recreating the XFL, and people have already got onto me for creating High Schools. If people don't find it interesting, there are plenty of other things to talk about.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:01 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 6

thank you p.zero
Old 05-22-2009, 04:30 PM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpants
yes that's the other option I should have mentioned. i think going all throwbacks would be pretty cool too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »