Home

Anyone besides me NOT going to use teambuilder?

This is a discussion on Anyone besides me NOT going to use teambuilder? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2009, 08:44 PM   #105
MVP

OVR: 41
Re: Anyone besides me NOT going to use teambuilder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smace767
One last post on this topic.

First thing is the teambuilder over other things issue.

Teambuilder has almost nothing to do with what is on the game disc. Teambuilder used a webdesigner and a data base manager. The game uses software designers. Two totaly different skills/ people. Teambuilder is most likely based off of what they use already in developing rosters and teams and will be most likely expanded for use across all ea projects. Bottom line is it took very little software developers, disc space, or budget dollars from what NCAA 10 was doing or had already.

Why cant we have in game saves or other features we had in ps2 /xbox? Why can MLB the show look so great?

Space, plain and simple. ps2 and xbox are dvd based systems and so is the xbox360. Since the dvd was full in the xbox/ps2 version you have no room to upgrade the graphics unless you drop something. Why ncaa 07 looked great but there was no room left on a dvd to keep everything they had on the ps2/xbox dvd.

In game saves require more resources than you think.

Think of it as a nascar race. everyone starts from the same spot with full tank of gas. The program starts from a static set of guidlines. one constant set of codes with static default values. You in game save a race. Now the game has to look in the save data where every race car is on the track, how much gas each car has, is the car damaged and link all the modified start data to the original start game code. All that to start the game again. The code to restart a saved game just increased times 10.

Until the xbox720 or whatever the next gen xbox is we will suffer. we increased all the next gen hardware accept the disc. Until the disc size increases for the xbox we are stuck. All games must be no larger than dvd size if it goes across platforms. Mlb the show is a blu-ray based game that does not have to reduce the size to a dvd standard because it is a sony exclusive. The game data utility alone installed on your ps3 for the show is 3.2 gigs. that would be almost the whole dvd. By comparison the Ncaa 09 has 69 meg game data utility.

Disc space is the hold up on many of the issues we want.
Thats why season showdown and teambuilder are the features we get. They both take up no space at all and are really web applications that you can get too from the disc. All the activity is done outside the disc and the system. Basicly, whats on the disc is not much more than a web link / shortcut to the online sights for each feature.

The last point that i don't get is the, Cas-Its not realism.

Every dynasty you have after year two is not real. those recruits aren't real.
w Kentuky just joined fbs this year. You don't know who else will move up. That 45 game win streak and 4 straight national titles, and top recruiting class with 15 5* recruits ain't realism.

Football is football. moving a cas team into a dynasty only impacts that dynasty.If you only do one or two dynasties i see your position. But guys that played and love football at all different levels will get into it, because they play more than one or two dynasties. It gives them a chance to recreate one of the 45 other confs and 530 other teams, besides the 10 FBS confs and 120 teams everybody knows. And allows users to create and play a real sim game of football with and against any team he has every had any kind of association with.

Most cas dynasties will be made for the sole purpose of playing the other cas teams. If they could they would delete all the other teams and just play a cas conf season with cas teams.

Its not fantasy at all, but playing real schools in a video sim football game that is called ncaa football, not just FBS football. Just because they play with a high school or juco, or div 2 team in one dynasty doesn't mean they don't like or play in another dynasty with FSU or Ohio St. What Ea did was make a football game, that with teambuilder, could be 2 or three different levels of football in one package.

Very long and most still don't get that they could cut this out today and it wouldn't impact me one way or the other. I just look at what i could do with whats out there rather than complain about what it can't do.

Some guys will take half a glass of water and drink some, rinse their face and brush their teeth with it, and others will look at the glass, and complain the glass ain't full, or its not cold enough or they would rather have kool-aid and let it sit there.
Good post but I have some questions about it

Ian Cummings is the creator of Team Builder and he is the lead designer of Madden 10 so he knows how to do many different things......

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-revealed.html

APF 2K8 allows substitution saves so it is possible in Madden and NCAA. I can do all my subs offline in APF 2K8 and have it all transfer over to online games with out having to make a single sub because its all saved already.

Just one more comment on the people who think it is unSIM to use TB LOL.....

In the game of APF 2K8 most leagues use my SIM rules and my CAP legend list for there leagues so I would say I fall in to the category of SIM. I will use the hell out of the TB application because I love to do my own stuff. Think about it.... You are now the NCAA team creating your own game basically. I can't wait to recreate the 1991 Washington Huskies and the 1984 & 2005 Seahawks! I will have leagues for NCAA and they will have a strict formula for creating teams to make every team balanced. This is what comes with the game and I plan on using it to the best of my ability simply because I love it and it most likely will make it into future NCAA and Madden games. The whole your not SIM if you use it is laughable and the people who posted that have ZERO idea of what SIM really is.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2009, 08:49 PM   #106
MVP

OVR: 29

Hey Hitman this is off topic, but I was wondering how you're planning on making the Seahawks helmets? from what we currently know it seems like they're going to be one of the hardest to recreate.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #107
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm probably not going to use the feature. I run with Louisville and only Louisville.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:14 AM   #108
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
Hey Hitman this is off topic, but I was wondering how you're planning on making the Seahawks helmets? from what we currently know it seems like they're going to be one of the hardest to recreate.
I will do my best to recreate them

I have plenty of things in my house to look at for authenticity LOL.

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 12:42 AM   #109
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
I will do my best to recreate them

I have plenty of things in my house to look at for authenticity LOL.
yeah. i was just thinking it'd be hard for the helmets becaue the logos wrap around to the back and from looking at the vids it doesn't seem like that's possible, but you never know i guess
Old 05-13-2009, 07:11 AM   #110
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
Good post but I have some questions about it

Ian Cummings is the creator of Team Builder and he is the lead designer of Madden 10 so he knows how to do many different things......

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-revealed.html

APF 2K8 allows substitution saves so it is possible in Madden and NCAA. I can do all my subs offline in APF 2K8 and have it all transfer over to online games with out having to make a single sub because its all saved already.

Just one more comment on the people who think it is unSIM to use TB LOL.....

In the game of APF 2K8 most leagues use my SIM rules and my CAP legend list for there leagues so I would say I fall in to the category of SIM. I will use the hell out of the TB application because I love to do my own stuff. Think about it.... You are now the NCAA team creating your own game basically. I can't wait to recreate the 1991 Washington Huskies and the 1984 & 2005 Seahawks! I will have leagues for NCAA and they will have a strict formula for creating teams to make every team balanced. This is what comes with the game and I plan on using it to the best of my ability simply because I love it and it most likely will make it into future NCAA and Madden games. The whole your not SIM if you use it is laughable and the people who posted that have ZERO idea of what SIM really is.
Ian didn't make it. He gave them the idea and the foundation. Thats why he says "they did better than what i had imagined. they (web designers) took this and ran with it."

You can't compare 2k8 really, because in 2k8 one of the developers, don't remember which one, admited they sacrificed graphics for features in one of the interviews. They wanted better graphics but couldn't get all the features in, so they down graded graphics. I enjoy 2k8 but in this world of Revo facemasks and colored cleats, graphics will not get cut.

I plan on having rules in my cas dynasty.
at least 15 players per class, limit on over 90 players and no fresh over 85, only two sophs over 85 but under 90.
a 270 point budget on skill sets. 270 on spd, acc, agil for rb/wr, or 270 on thp, tha, spd for qbs.

speed must have atleast one per class for positions with ovr 90 speed players. max of 5 wrs, 5 cb and 3 rb in category one spd. each player above category one will cause you to lose a over 90 speed player. exp- you can have 5 92 spd wrs but if you want a category 2 guy(94-96), you can have 1 95 spd and 3 92 spd wrs. category 3 is (97-98) and you lose two ovr 90 speed slots per cat 3 player.

there is more but u get the picture.

91 udub was one of teams i wanted. I guess i can look you up and download your version.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:30 PM   #111
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smace767
Ian didn't make it. He gave them the idea and the foundation. Thats why he says "they did better than what i had imagined. they (web designers) took this and ran with it."

You can't compare 2k8 really, because in 2k8 one of the developers, don't remember which one, admited they sacrificed graphics for features in one of the interviews. They wanted better graphics but couldn't get all the features in, so they down graded graphics. I enjoy 2k8 but in this world of Revo facemasks and colored cleats, graphics will not get cut.

I plan on having rules in my cas dynasty.
at least 15 players per class, limit on over 90 players and no fresh over 85, only two sophs over 85 but under 90.
a 270 point budget on skill sets. 270 on spd, acc, agil for rb/wr, or 270 on thp, tha, spd for qbs.

speed must have atleast one per class for positions with ovr 90 speed players. max of 5 wrs, 5 cb and 3 rb in category one spd. each player above category one will cause you to lose a over 90 speed player. exp- you can have 5 92 spd wrs but if you want a category 2 guy(94-96), you can have 1 95 spd and 3 92 spd wrs. category 3 is (97-98) and you lose two ovr 90 speed slots per cat 3 player.

there is more but u get the picture.

91 udub was one of teams i wanted. I guess i can look you up and download your version.
It is impossible to find the 1991 Husky roster on the internet LOL. If you know how let me know!

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »