Home

Anyone besides me NOT going to use teambuilder?

This is a discussion on Anyone besides me NOT going to use teambuilder? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2009, 11:19 AM   #41
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Anyone besides me NOT going to use teambuilder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
I'm only buying this game because of teambuilder. what I don't get is why so many people are equating teambuilder to made up teams? sure that is one aspect of it, but it certainly doesn't stop there. Like smace said there are 650 schools playing football in just this country. Also, it can be used for making updates to all your precious "real" teams. Say at some point in the future your favorite FBS school unveils new uniforms or new alt uniforms or even a new logo. Also, what if your team moves into a new conference or chages the way their field looks? Now you have the ability to accurately represent all that in the game. It really doesn't get much more sim than that. I understand the gameplay needs to be tight in order for the game to really be good, but people who say they have no interest in this feature just baffle me.
Its not that they arent real teams, but they arent really in D-1. My personal preference is to have the same teams in my dynasty as are in real life. To each his own, its not that a dynasty with different teams is inferior its just not what I prefer.

And since making this topic I have thought about it, and can only really see using it with other peoples historic teams before I have good rosters for my dynasty. Past that, nothing.

And in game saves would be nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2009, 11:26 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
Its not that they arent real teams, but they arent really in D-1. My personal preference is to have the same teams in my dynasty as are in real life. To each his own, its not that a dynasty with different teams is inferior its just not what I prefer.

And since making this topic I have thought about it, and can only really see using it with other peoples historic teams before I have good rosters for my dynasty. Past that, nothing.

And in game saves would be nice.
did you only read the first two sentences of my post? i'm not just talking about schools outside of FBS, even for FBS fans this feature is a must because it allows you stay current with whatever changes are made in real life. and we all know that if there's one constant in cfb is that various things will change
Old 05-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #43
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
did you only read the first two sentences of my post? i'm not just talking about schools outside of FBS, even for FBS fans this feature is a must because it allows you stay current with whatever changes are made in real life. and we all know that if there's one constant in cfb is that various things will change
More than likely I will buy NCAA after this year so the subsequent versions will have the changes.

And If you go through my posts, I havent once attacked teambuilder as a bad feature (in fact I have said the opposite), however all I have said is that personally I am not interested in it, and I hope that it is not taking away too much focus from the gameplay and dynasty issues.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:33 AM   #44
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

Also in order to change to be current, it would make you restart your dynasty, something I wouldnt do bc thats pretty much the only mode I play.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 29

bigfoot i know you're not attacking it all. i just think people are trying to force the feature into a particular box when it really doesn't belong in that box because there are so many different ways it can be utilized. also of course most people on these boards buy the game every year so some changes will be updated, but history has proven that the devs are at times slow to implement a particular change whether it be uniforms or stadiums. also sometimes out of nowhere teams pull out a new uniform combo mid season or announce a change early in the offseason, before you'd have to wait 6 months to see those changes reflected in the game now there's no wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2009, 11:40 AM   #46
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

Like I said, It seems like a great feature that will enhance the game for many, Its just that even in that capacity (bc of the dynasty restart), Im not one of them. It has endless possibilities, I am just really not into any of them.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:54 AM   #47
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I'm not going to use Teambuilder either. I don't want to play with a bunch of generic players.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:56 AM   #48
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I'm not interested in Team Builder in the least. However, I can see how someone in High School or College would like it. As they say "Different strokes for different folks"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »