Home

Anyone besides me NOT going to use teambuilder?

This is a discussion on Anyone besides me NOT going to use teambuilder? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2009, 05:19 PM   #65
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Anyone besides me NOT going to use teambuilder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusion
I'm more happy about being able to Michmatch my team uniform.
Heh. Once again, I'm clearly not the target audience. For my team, the total number of uniform combinations is.......................

Blue shirt, yellow pants
or
White shirt, yellow pants.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2009, 05:36 PM   #66
Rookie

kmp714's Arena

OVR: 2

I've never seen the appeal in a "Create A Team" feature. To me it makes the game more arcadey, arcadish, whatever. People on here talking about hey we are sim players we need a sim game, and because of this I will get stuck with an online dynasty where someone made the Texas State University Fightin' Armadillos and I will have to play aginst Scott Bakula .
To me its the same as mascot mash-up.

So please really I want to know what is the appeal of this feature for a sim player?
Old 05-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #67
stewaat

OVR:

I like to play realistic and I'm going to use this feature.

I want to use Minnesota but I don't like their mascot/uniforms/team colors.

I can now still be Minnesota but change the mascot/uniform/team colors.

It's a video game people, some of you take it too seriously. I think it would be cool to change up an existing team.

Also for FCS schools, people can take a school like App St and put them in Independents and try and build them up and get them a conference invite.

I'm doing two dynasties:
Online - UNC
Offline - Minnesota North Stars

Old 05-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #68
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp714
I've never seen the appeal in a "Create A Team" feature. To me it makes the game more arcadey, arcadish, whatever. People on here talking about hey we are sim players we need a sim game, and because of this I will get stuck with an online dynasty where someone made the Texas State University Fightin' Armadillos and I will have to play aginst Scott Bakula .

So please really I want to know what is the appeal of this feature for a sim player?
what does TeamBuilder have to do with "sim" gameplay? how does it make the game "arcade"? as far as I know people don't consider APF2k8 a arcade football game, yet it had nothing but created fantasy teams.

last time I check, EA is not going to force you to play with people that use created teams, so just don't join an OD that has them.

and there really is a Texas State University, they are just called the Bobcats.

the appeal? well there are people who are fans of teams that are not in the game. this allows them to create them. also you can create historical teams of your favorite team. most sport games have some sort of team creation, TeamBuilder basically blows most of them out of the water, especially for a console sports game.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 05-11-2009, 06:11 PM   #69
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp714

People are taking this whole "sim" thing far too seriously, it's almost as silly as proclaiming "I'm a maverick."

At the end of the day, a touchdown and an extra point are still worth seven points, a field goal is still worth three, there's still four quarters played on a 100 yard field between two 11-on-11 squads. Teambuilder changes none of this, so it's kind of hard to argue it makes the game more arcadish when all it does is allow for more teams.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:27 PM   #70
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Heh. Once again, I'm clearly not the target audience. For my team, the total number of uniform combinations is.......................

Blue shirt, yellow pants
or
White shirt, yellow pants.

Hell yeah, GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although, I do have a problem. How the hell can you be a Michigan fan, when your alma mater is Little Brother????????? Seems wierd. But at least your alma mater isnt tuos, or O$U, whichever acronym you prefer.

As for this thread, nope. Im not using Teambuilder. I may just log on to the website and look at the concept unis that people want Michigan to wear, like all Maize(yuck), and maize and blue.

BTW, back to the person I am quoting, Michigan's colors are not yellow and blue. They are Maize and Blue. Ugh, I loathe when people say yellow when talking about Michigan's colors.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.

Last edited by yanks26ngoin; 05-11-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:32 PM   #71
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
People are taking this whole "sim" thing far too seriously, it's almost as silly as proclaiming "I'm a maverick."

At the end of the day, a touchdown and an extra point are still worth seven points, a field goal is still worth three, there's still four quarters played on a 100 yard field between two 11-on-11 squads. Teambuilder changes none of this, so it's kind of hard to argue it makes the game more arcadish when all it does is allow for more teams.
I find that a better word is realism. How is creating a team and getting rid of a BCS school realism???????? Please, I would love to see what you have to say.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2009, 06:36 PM   #72
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
Will you send your 12 slots to me?
Thanks, bud!
+10
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »