Home

EA Needs to Reinvent Itself

This is a discussion on EA Needs to Reinvent Itself within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2009, 02:59 PM   #25
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: EA Needs to Reinvent Itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Okay. NCAA 09 wasn't unplayable by any standard. It wasn't great, but it really wasn't that bad. Madden, IMO, had AWFUL gameplay. NCAA just had little things you could easily take advantage of (speed, speed, speed).

But, the game could definitely use a huge overhaul. Next year's game should have no new features. ONLY rebuild the gameplay. Put in a new tackling system. Take a few things from Madden. Create a few new ideas to implement the college feel. Maybe make the crowd actually a factor, besides having trouble reading routes as a QB? (Then again, they failed with the crowd on NCAA Basketball, so I'm not expecting that).

They fixed the biggest defensive flaw by fixing the pursuit angles and getting rid of the awful knee shredding tackle and the greased pig garbage. Just need to now fix the Cover 2 mass picks by a defender you cannot see on camera. Fix a few tiny quirks that make the game very annoying (Awful O-Lineman owning a 95 overall DE). Then you have a very decent game. Not great, but those little changes make it actual football. Overhauling the gameplay, or making a new engine, is the best thing, but in today's economy, is unreasonable to ask.
I stopped reading after this. Pure BS you just spouted here. You should be ashamed of yourself for lying like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2009, 03:00 PM   #26
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith121212
I stopped reading after this. Pure BS you just spouted here. You should be ashamed of yourself for lying like this.
+10
Old 05-12-2009, 03:02 PM   #27
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla

I personally think that the EA dev team has struggled to figure out what works on next gen consoles and I applaud them for not giving up and folding under the lofty expectations of fans. From a marketing stand point teambuilder is genius. If gameplay still sucks at least teambuilder will be keep ppl hooked for "one more year". Without teambuilder if the gameplay sucked ppl would quit the series almost all together.

Remember this the first NCAA on ps2 wasnt perfect. It took them til around 03 to get it right. Give them some time to work out the kinks.
Team Builder? Come on man. I could careless about this feature. I would say that those that truly care about team builder are in the minority.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:15 PM   #28
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Okay. NCAA 09 wasn't unplayable by any standard. It wasn't great, but it really wasn't that bad. Madden, IMO, had AWFUL gameplay. NCAA just had little things you could easily take advantage of (speed, speed, speed).
Keith (***** of NCAA since '05) and Heavy_hitter - it's just this guy's opinion. I didn't think NCAA '09 was unplayable either. It was flawed but I still had fun with it. Just because you guys disagree doesn't make it BS.

I told you before Heavy_hitter - you are a rare and elite gamer. Your expectations and opinions are on a different level. You can beat the cpu on default Heisman 70-0. Very few people can do that.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:27 PM   #29
Rookie

HamTonks's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Keith (***** of NCAA since '05) and Heavy_hitter - it's just this guy's opinion. I didn't think NCAA '09 was unplayable either. It was flawed but I still had fun with it. Just because you guys disagree doesn't make it BS.
I agree it wasn't unplayable -- I would by lying if I said I haven't logged a few hours (mostly on Campus Legend). However, this was my only source of getting a College Football fix. I essentially HAD to play it -- something that just doesn't seem right to say about any video game.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:00 PM   #30
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2

I told you before Heavy_hitter - you are a rare and elite gamer. Your expectations and opinions are on a different level. You can beat the cpu on default Heisman 70-0. Very few people can do that.
That's my point. There's no way I can consider it unplayable. I've logged more time on NCAA 09 than any other sports game. I just play my online dynasty with a buddy and we have a ton of fun with it. We yell and scream about stupid things in the game, but it's still fun to both of us.

Like I said, I NEVER said it was good. I said it wasn't bad because I absolutely hated 08 and barely played it. It bored me. This one, albeit far too easy, was just more fun to me. If there was another football game, I'll guarantee I'd have played it. But for my buddy and I, online dynasty made this game the most fun we've had with a game in a while.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
Team Builder? Come on man. I could careless about this feature. I would say that those that truly care about team builder are in the minority.
If you really believe this check out this thread http://www.operationsports.com/forum...go-thread.html
or one of the countless poll threads regarding teambuilder. NCAA strategies has an entire section dedicated to it. I know it's not everyone, but it's certainly very far from a minority
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2009, 06:23 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter

There are a ton of forums on this very topic. and No my friend you are the minority. i think it was something like 67% of the ppl wanted it and 33% didnt want it or didnt care for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »