Home

EA Needs to Reinvent Itself

This is a discussion on EA Needs to Reinvent Itself within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2009, 02:54 PM   #49
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: EA Needs to Reinvent Itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
the funny thing is, if NCAA did release blogs on gameplay, people would ***** and moan because they released the same blogs as Madden. most of the gameplay stuff that Madden has, NCAA has. minus the 9-man gang tackles, fumble pile-ups, and new QB ratings. NCAA 10 is getting the new OL/DL stuff, WR/DB stuff, among other things. the pursuit angles were fixed, the layered animations stuff, and Adaptive AI will all help out as well.

Sometimes it's better to look at the glass as "half-full"

Twitch Stream
Old 05-13-2009, 02:58 PM   #50
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I didn't know you were a math major. I graduated with an Honours degree in Math and Stats myself. That was a little while ago though.

As you know, the math behind polls aren't the problem. Its the assumptions that are. Polls assume the people you ask truly represent the population which is the biggest problem. Just like in presidential polling - its far too hard to ask 1000 people across a country and expect them to accurately depict the true population of 300 million and every state, age group, gender, etc. Plus, some questions are leading and I've certainly seen some biased question and answer categories on this topic in this forum.
I taught math and coached for 10 years. The politics of education drove me nuts. As you can tell I am the least bit PC.

Fortunately, I had better things to fall on and now own and run my own business (hand me down from father-in-law) dealing in Sporting Goods and Teams.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:00 PM   #51
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
I was thinking about Adaptive AI. This is a feature that could be really good or just plain ole suck. It really depends on how it is implemented.

I really want to know how it is going to affect user vs. user games.
I would love to hear more about it, especially what it does to the CPU offense, if anything. AI is huge for me as I mostly play Dynasty mode.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 03:07 PM   #52
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
I would love to hear more about it, especially what it does to the CPU offense, if anything. AI is huge for me as I mostly play Dynasty mode.
I only play offline dynasty myself. My expectations for NCAA 10 are getting higher each day.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:14 PM   #53
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
I want to know what it does to help the user offense and user defense. If User A runs Nickle Thunder Green every play of the game will the OL adapt to that play. If User A runs Dime Cover 2 bump man all game will the OL adapt and start to crush the defense.

I really hope it Adaptive AI affects user vs. user games from the aspect of making people play realistically.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #54
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyBanana

Sometimes it's better to look at the glass as "half-full"

This series on next gen has used up it's "half full" for many people, myself included.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:37 AM   #55
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
This series on next gen has used up it's "half full" for many people, myself included.
+10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 10:09 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
Kinda of have to agree, but they did save themselves with TeamBuilder this year imo & the AI improvements. They need to step it up from here on out.

Last edited by sportzbro; 05-14-2009 at 10:16 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »