Home

So NCAA... Madden has team colored cleats

This is a discussion on So NCAA... Madden has team colored cleats within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2009, 08:40 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: So NCAA... Madden has team colored cleats

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Are you joking or being condescending?.. if its the latter, then what are we supposed to be "worrying" about? All those things are part of the game, and we want them included...plain & simple.
There are at least 100 things that should be addressed long before making a realistic looking crowd of 100k people.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:42 PM   #34
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderRatedCoast
It's comical to me how many people are worried about team colored cleats, dreadlocks, sleeve types, and what the crowd looks like.
why? because getting the look isn't important? Why even bother getting the uniforms right each year? Just give each team basic unis and stadiums as long as the gameplay is dead on right? Give me a break, having some of the appearance things can make a mediocre game feel much better because it looks more realistic.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:48 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
why? because getting the look isn't important? Why even bother getting the uniforms right each year? Just give each team basic unis and stadiums as long as the gameplay is dead on right? Give me a break, having some of the appearance things can make a mediocre game feel much better because it looks more realistic.
Awesome...it plays like ****, but guys have dreadlocks and red cleats. w00t!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
See the thing is gameplay will NEVER be perfect, or at least to a point where everyone can agree that its superb. On the other hand, things like cleat styles, colors, unis, equipment, dreads, refs, conference logs, etc. can be portrayed perfectly the first time around, yet they get the cold shoulder every year it seems.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:50 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Why should we have to give up cosmetics and presentation in expense for gameplay? Seeing as how both are vital to the overall package of a legit and authentic Collegiate football experience both should be prioritized equally. It's opinions such as your own that get us the same recycled game year in and year out. People that are completely with a lackluster and incomplete game as long as what they want is put into the game. Go play a game such as MLB The Show 09. You'll realize that presentation plays as big apart in the overall quality of the product as gameplay does.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:13 PM   #38
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
do you see people saying give us the same gameplay as long as we have colored cleats, dreads, etc? You do realize that there are teams that work on this game. Its not like the guys that work on the gameplay all work on the visual accessories as well. If Ian can read the Madden boards, see that people want colored cleats, then 2-3 weeks later have them added to the game... its obviously not that hard to do.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:51 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
do you see people saying give us the same gameplay as long as we have colored cleats, dreads, etc? You do realize that there are teams that work on this game. Its not like the guys that work on the gameplay all work on the visual accessories as well. If Ian can read the Madden boards, see that people want colored cleats, then 2-3 weeks later have them added to the game... its obviously not that hard to do.
^^^^THIS^^^^
There are multiple departments within the NCAA team and each concentrate on different aspects of the game. Art department, gamplay, motion capture, marketing, etc. This is a request to the art department which has nothing to do with gamplay. Don't be so dense. Also, what in the name of god have the NCAA art department been working on for the past year? Designing new menus doesn't take up all of their time does it? How can there be no upgrades to the equipment?

Still missing:
Leg bands
Half sleeves
Knee braces
Arm braces
Neck bands
Dreads
Long hair
Ankle braces
Under shirt showing around the neck area
Logos(nike swoosh/adidas) missing on the accessories and socks
Some specific facemasks and helmets
Ajustable pant lengths (like having some above/below the knee)

I mean I really want to know what the art department has been working on for the whole year.

Last edited by sozo; 05-13-2009 at 12:59 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:08 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by sozo
^^^^THIS^^^^
There are multiple departments within the NCAA team and each concentrate on different aspects of the game. Art department, gamplay, motion capture, marketing, etc. This is a request to the art department which has nothing to do with gamplay. Don't be so dense. Also, what in the name of god have the NCAA art department been working on for the past year? Designing new menus doesn't take up all of their time does it? How can there be no upgrades to the equipment?

Still missing:
Leg bands
Half sleeves
Knee braces
Arm braces
Neck bands
Dreads
Long hair
Ankle braces
Under shirt showing around the neck area
Logos(nike swoosh/adidas) missing on the accessories and socks
Some specific facemasks and helmets
Ajustable pant lengths (like having some above/below the knee)

I mean I really want to know what the art department has been working on for the whole year.
give this list time...save it for my "equipment upgrades" thread if the game is lacking new equipment. I plan on creating it the day of release once I go through the new player edit options.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »