Home

New rule change

This is a discussion on New rule change within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
Rookie

rdfowler's Arena

OVR: 4
New rule change

Away team does not have to wear white

AMELIA ISLAND, Fla. -- Here's a fun note for you from Doug Rhoads, the ACC's coordinator of officials.
Teams no longer have to wear their white uniforms in games, as long as both teams agree to it, in writing, before the game.
So if Maryland wants to wear red uniforms at North Carolina, and the Tar Heels want to wear navy blue, it's OK, as long as they both agree to it. This took off after both Southern Cal and UCLA decided to wear their colored jerseys against each other.
The whole reason teams had to wear white and colored uniforms was because of the old black and white TVs.

any chance this can be added to the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 14
Re: New rule change

I noticed this was done several times last season, not just USC/UCLA. For example: Troy/Southern Miss in whatever bowl they played in, and Chattanooga wore gold unis when they played FSU early in the season. I also think Buffalo/Miami, OH wore all blue and all red respectively when they played in the middle of the season.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 29

I love when teams do this and I really hope we'll be able to recreate in the game
Old 05-12-2009, 07:02 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdfowler
The whole reason teams had to wear white and colored uniforms was because of the old black and white TVs.

*Fact of the Day*

-I see this being an easy fix..well at least from my perspective.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:40 PM   #5
Rookie

rdfowler's Arena

OVR: 4

i mean for teams like Georgia tech (my team) and lsu this was never a problem since they always wear white for away and home
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2009, 09:25 PM   #6
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

I think that is a terrible rule. It needs to stay the way it is with the away team wearing the white jerseys, unless the home team wants to wear white. Just looks stupid to see both teams wearing dark colors on the field.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:33 PM   #7
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
I think that is a terrible rule. It needs to stay the way it is with the away team wearing the white jerseys, unless the home team wants to wear white. Just looks stupid to see both teams wearing dark colors on the field.
I just hope it doesn't turn into baseball where teams wear the same colored jerseys.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:36 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
I just hope it doesn't turn into baseball where teams wear the same colored jerseys.
no this would be terrible to see happen with the new rule. I dont want to see USC play Iowa State and both of them are wearing red..you know what I mean?

Edit: I mean I would love to see USC absolutely destroy the cylones, but it would be hard on the eyes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »