Home

NCAA Football 10 Pre-E3 Hands-On (IGN)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Pre-E3 Hands-On (IGN) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2009, 09:29 AM   #73
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: IGN Pre-E3 Hands On

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
It would certainly help if we could get some gameplay videos on a reasonable difficulty setting to see how gameplay has changed.

I can honestly say this is the first year EA doesn't have my money for NCAA. It doesn't have to do with the economy either. I haven't SEEN one thing for NCAA10 that peaks my interest. Unless I SEE anything before release, I will still be playing one of the COD titles on release night.

Hearing is one thing and there have been things said that peeks my interest. The only problem is, I have heard it all before. I don't trust EA and what they say. I want to see actual game footage of people outside EA playing this game. E3 is always smoke screens and mirrors. IGN, Game Pro, and other sites are just propaganda avenues for EA to market their crap.

Seeing is sometimes believing and EA has shown nothing. And please don't say the Flexbone because those videos were garbage.

IMHO, EA owes loyal fans of this game more than just secrets they haven't told us. They owe video coverage of the game. I am pissed at EA. I feel that they ripped me off with 09. They aren't going to give me my $60.00 back which they should. So SHOW me something I can SEE to make me believe this game is worth buying.

Last edited by heavy_hitter; 05-14-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:34 AM   #74
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: IGN Pre-E3 Hands On

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
There's no doubt that it feels very similar to last year's NCAA on the field. The default gameplay camera angles are the same, animations are carried out at the same speed and the general ebb and flow on the field is the same that I remember from years gone by. That's certainly not a bad thing, but it's definitely going to feel like familiar territory to series veterans.

I can't disagree with this guy more. NCAA 10 plays nothing like 09. There is no "wide open gameplay," there is a pocket and pressure on the QB, the CPU throws deep, there are incomplete passes that aren't dropped, balls get batted down at the line (to name a few things that are very noticable), and there is a big gameplay feature that we haven't announced yet.

Sheesh.
That is fantastic news! How did I miss this comment yesterday? I cannot wait for this game!

Thanks OMT. You got my all amped again.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:09 AM   #75
Pro

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Football 10 Pre-E3 Hands-On (IGN)

Regardless i'm buying both. Cause I have to get my NFL rookies from somewhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 10:13 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Have you had any hands-on experience with NCAA 10?
does this mean that no one from these boards has?
Old 05-14-2009, 10:42 AM   #77
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

i really amazes me how some people on here take others opinion as absolute law...this guy reviews a demo of the game and now it reeks cuz he said so.
WOW...

Thanks to OMT and the team for the hard work they put in despite everything they have to put up with from the community.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:55 AM   #78
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
does this mean that no one from these boards has?
Yes and no. I don't think any of the big time posters in here went to the CL event. But there are prominent members of other sites that did go and also post occasionally at OS.

CDJ of NCAA Strategies, Bangpow of Consolesports.net, and Pastapadre of pastapadre.com all went and post here occassionally. All of them have been tight lipped about what they saw there. The Madden CL team has been more open. I'm sure there are more guys as well.

Check out this blog (I can't see it at work). I think some info is in there.
http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...l/default.aspx

Check out this older OS thread as well: http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showt...ight=community

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 05-14-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:01 AM   #79
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

I have high hopes, this year. The devs took a beating with NCAA 09's gameplay, so I really think they've taken that to heart. Of course, we won't know until we get some gameplay vids and see for ourselves, but I'm keepin the faith.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 05-14-2009, 11:08 AM   #80
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindella2
i really amazes me how some people on here take others opinion as absolute law...this guy reviews a demo of the game and now it reeks cuz he said so.
WOW...

Thanks to OMT and the team for the hard work they put in despite everything they have to put up with from the community.
These comments aren't true at all.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

EA fooled me with 08 and several other NCAA series. They then shot themselves in the foot with 09. It is hard for me to believe anything coming from their mouths in regards to 10.

I will also say that hard work and effort don't constitute a good game. I have seen plenty of people put in hard work in their field of expertise with the final result being crappy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »