Home

NCAA Football 10 Game-Play Round Up

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Game-Play Round Up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2009, 07:10 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA Football 10 Game-Play Round Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
  • Adaptive AI can force you to change up your play calling. I say can because if you are a way better team, all the reaction ratings in the world will not always help the defense
That was the major question I had about adaptive A.I. when it was first announced. This feature sounds perfect now.....Great addition to the game!
Old 05-25-2009, 07:12 PM   #90
Pro

OVR: 19

The player lock camera angle looks like the Be A Pro viewpoints in FIFA and NHL. Very cool. Seeing the action from the defensive side of the ball, with a little dynamic camera action is nice.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:09 PM   #91
Rookie

ijgator's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
Intercepting the pitch is cheesey. How many times in a REAL Collegiate game have you ever seen the pitch intercepted. Knocking it down isn't even that common, but much more realistic than intercepting it.
I remember Ben Hanks intercepting a pitch again Alabama and going 90 yards for a touchdown. Very awesome play. It happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2009, 12:06 AM   #92
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
About Defense...

Pursuit Angles, Defensive line tipping passes, Man Coverage, Press/Release (from WR/DB interactions), and Adaptive AI all make a really big impact. I should also point out that players in deep zones (depending on zone coverage rating) will be more aggressive in going after passes.

So examples:
  • Just taking a speed back and running outside does not equal a score (pursuit angles)
  • "Elite" Corners make a bigger impact between the abilities to jam receivers and simply cover better in Man
  • Adaptive AI can force you to change up your play calling. I say can because if you are a way better team, all the reaction ratings in the world will not always help the defense
  • And just more incompletions in general help defense (tip passes and more realistic misses on passes)
This all sounds great...but if the QB can still roll out and buy 10-15 seconds on passes by easily escaping the pocket area as soon as the pass rush engages the OL; or if the passes to the RB or FB on PA is still covered by the OLB from the wrong side of a formation, then the game will devolve back into "roll-chuck 2010" and a lot of people will be disappointed...
Old 05-26-2009, 12:14 AM   #93
Pro

AC IS ART's Arena

OVR: 15

Agreed. Those text updates gave me hope, but I would have liked to have seen those improvements in videos/blogs. Oh well E3 is coming soon, I'll wait till then to pass my judgement on the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »