Home

Why? (Short rant)

This is a discussion on Why? (Short rant) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2009, 10:58 AM   #73
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Why? (Short rant)

I've been as hard on this development team as any. Why shouldn't I? Over the last two years this team has made some of the worst bone-headed decisions I've ever seen.

They released NCAA 08 with the huge gamekilling turnover problem. Are we to believe that they didn't know it existed? Did the patch make a difference? Hardly.

NCAA 09. Wow! We get Mascot Games back, new lighting for games played at dusk, and Online Dynasty. We also get CPU sliders that DON'T WORK! WTF?!?! We get the worst play calling AI in the history of the series! WTF?!?!? Does anyone remember the special teams play when the game was shipped? Are you kidding me? What about the 175lb. running backs flipping DEs with one arm while carrying the ball? Robo QB? Supersim? What a waste of development time this is. Has ANYONE at EA figured out that unless you play 5 minute quarters this "feature" is useless. Of course for 2010, they "upgraded" it. Guys, every play takes 5-6 seconds! Using SS, there are 8-10 plays per minute! Has anyone NOT figured this out in 3 years? WTF?!?! Wideopen Gameplay my a**!

I'm as excited for NCAA 10 as the next guy is, but the team in place right now is pretty much the same team that has made the decision to ship a product the last couple of years with MAJOR....MAJOR problems.

Am I skepitcal? Hell yes. Why wouldn't I be?
Old 05-19-2009, 11:05 AM   #74
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I don't think you've taken issue with me. You may have, I don't remember. And I don't know why you would care that someone gets excited, but yet you find it humorous and you seem to want to point that out. Seems, that you do care that someone gets excited, especially with some of the comments you've made in this forum.

And maybe you should have a glass half full attitude, much better than being negative all the time. And I see the game for what it really is as well, at least what it is in my opinion and from my viewpoint.
The only thing in my life that I am negative towards is EA Sports. Pretty bad life right there isn't it?

I think it is funny that someone gets excited because of the lies and poor games from EA Sports over the past DECADE.

Does any one know when the exclusive rights contracts to NCAA and Madden are over? Now that is something to get excited about.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:10 AM   #75
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
The only thing in my life that I am negative towards is EA Sports. Pretty bad life right there isn't it?
But yet, you're willing to buy FIFA even though you hate soccer?

Quote:
I think it is funny that someone gets excited because of the lies and poor games from EA Sports over the past DECADE.
Not everyone feels this way. Some people have enjoyed the games of previous years.

Quote:
Does any one know when the exclusive rights contracts to NCAA and Madden are over? Now that is something to get excited about.
I don't know. But hey, at least you're excited about something.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 11:19 AM   #76
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I can see how some of the younger guys might be given to making constant hyperbolic statements. They have literally grown up in the internet era, where spamming your feelings of resentment, and subtly and not so subtly rebuking those who are optimistic, is seen as a standard method of discourse.

It surprises me greatly that guys who are around my age(I'm 40) have the time, the energy, or even the inclination to spent any moments railing against games they aren't optimistic about playing. If I come to the conclusion that something is going to be sub par, then I don't waste anymore time following it progress.

I guess I'm erroneous in my thinking that venting is something done by people who don't have perspective. Maybe its just that my idea of who should have perspective is what is flawed.

It is what it is.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:36 AM   #77
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
But yet, you're willing to buy FIFA even though you hate soccer?

Not everyone feels this way. Some people have enjoyed the games of previous years.

I don't know. But hey, at least you're excited about something.
I have a boycott on any and ALL EA Products. Wife bought Rock Band 2 for Christmas and I exchanged it for Guitar Hero World Tour because it is an EA product. I would actually never buy FIFA because it is an EA product. The only EA product I will buy is football and that is because I HAVE TO.

You are right. Only SOME people have enjoyed the games.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:42 AM   #78
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I can see how some of the younger guys might be given to making constant hyperbolic statements. They have literally grown up in the internet era, where spamming your feelings of resentment, and subtly and not so subtly rebuking those who are optimistic, is seen as a standard method of discourse.

It surprises me greatly that guys who are around my age(I'm 40) have the time, the energy, or even the inclination to spent any moments railing against games they aren't optimistic about playing. If I come to the conclusion that something is going to be sub par, then I don't waste anymore time following it progress.

I guess I'm erroneous in my thinking that venting is something done by people who don't have perspective. Maybe its just that my idea of who should have perspective is what is flawed.

It is what it is.
It is called "Loving College Football and having a love for video games." If you have a passion for both then why wouldn't you rant?

I call giving up on something you love and enjoy "Failure".

You try to hard with your impressive dictionary. Most of what you said made no cents.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:43 AM   #79
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

lol @ heavy hitter returning a superior EA game (i guess because EA is "too big" or something) for an inferior ACTIVISION game (a company becoming quickly known as what's wrong with the game industry). the general silliness of the whole thing is hilarious.

i think i recognize you from ncaautopia, HH. that was one of the most negative and poisonous boards I've ever been on. go figure.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:00 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
It is called "Loving College Football and having a love for video games." If you have a passion for both then why wouldn't you rant?

I call giving up on something you love and enjoy "Failure".

You try to hard with your impressive dictionary. Most of what you said made no cents.
normally grammar doesn't bother me but this one just struck me sideways
cents=money
sense=what you should of said

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »