Home

Why? (Short rant)

This is a discussion on Why? (Short rant) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2009, 02:11 PM   #17
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Why? (Short rant)

A lot of it is the Madden team is putting the NCAA team to shame this year, as well as the perception that the NCAA team just doesn't get "it" like the Madden team does.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:18 PM   #18
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i just think they havent been smart about what they've told us. Now i understand this whole keeping things a surprise thing but with the increase in popularity of online forums and 24/7 info, people want to know whats going on and what they're spending their money on. Not just lets find out once we get the game. So people are tired of getting more of the same info on things like Season Showdown and still not yet to really watch a gameplay vid. I know its about keeping us on edge and keeping the anticipation up but i think by showing us some of how the game really plays would make the anticipation increase even more.

They do it every year and the anticipation and excitement gets real high but then when the product comes out people are surprised that its not living up to the expectations that were built off of what the EA people gave us.

If they put up a vid of even just a 3 min quarter of straight up gameplay, whether its Ben vs another EA worker or whoever, people can then look at how the game is going to play when we're actually playing the game, the things we'll see when we actually play (not replays or camera angles that we cant even use or still shots) then people can start to get some of their questions and gripes answered just by watching that. Even if when they posted it they said, THIS IS NOT THE FINAL PRODUCT, then people can see it and kinda voice what may or may not need some tweaking much like the Madden guys have done.

We all appreciate the hard work they're doing so they shouldnt feel like its nothing but complaining and anger because the majority of us are stoked and exciting to play the game. But we havent seen much gameplay yet so people are still unsure whether there really is much difference from last year's game.

Maybe they're waiting until E3 where we'll obviously see more gameplay vids but the slow news release leaves a lot of people waiting and with the internet providing a 24/7 place to voice your thoughts, its going to lead to complaints, useless threads, etc.

I can agree with this. I actually have nothing to say about this post. Some of the info was rather useless, but just cuz its something you may not use doesnt mean millions of others wont enjoy. We're just gonna have to see

Old 05-16-2009, 02:21 PM   #19
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
A lot of it is the Madden team is putting the NCAA team to shame this year, as well as the perception that the NCAA team just doesn't get "it" like the Madden team does.
Madden can go more in depth each year because they gross more revenue each year. You cant build a mansion with 10,000 bricks, but you can surely build a sturdy foundation. NCAA has to start somewhere

Old 05-16-2009, 02:24 PM   #20
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

And I also would like to thank all of you that made adult post. Thanks for not turning this thread into troller central

Old 05-16-2009, 02:28 PM   #21
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
I can agree with this. I actually have nothing to say about this post. Some of the info was rather useless, but just cuz its something you may not use doesnt mean millions of others wont enjoy. We're just gonna have to see
to be honest, i could care less about Season Showdown but i didnt complain about it until they took the time to do a blog about it after they've already explained it and talked about it many times before.

It just was like, wtf more info on a feature that it seems like the majority of people could care less about. It felt like they were trying to sell us and shove season showdown down our throats and make it seem like some groundbreaking, new, exciting thing so they can feel good about what they did with it but instead people got annoyed with hearing about it again and it brought out the backlash.

Thats kind of what i'm saying with how they aren't being as smart about what info they're giving us. Because you know most of the E3 reports we'll see will spend a decent chunk talking about teambuilder (which was well received) and season showdown (which received more critics). They say theres another thing that they've kept secret but i've heard some people say that they think its just a revamped Campus Legend mode (since from the vids it looks like it has yet another new name). Time will tell on that last part though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2009, 02:30 PM   #22
Rookie

MINATAURO's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezee12
Young J I agree with everything you have said. I cant wait for this game. Reading most of threads I feel like I was the only one that truely enjoyed 09. Since I went to the 360 (right around the time 07 dropped) 09 was the first game that I have continued to play. Yeah it had some flaws but to me it was easy to ignore them. With all the news about 10 I really cant wait. My excitement level for this game is at the highest since last gen games. During times that feel like days go by faster than in my childhood I feel like a 2 months is so far away!
I enjoyed 09 also. People have to understand there's no such thing as a perfect game. Someone with always have a issue with something in the game.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:32 PM   #23
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
to be honest, i could care less about Season Showdown but i didnt complain about it until they took the time to do a blog about it after they've already explained it and talked about it many times before.

It just was like, wtf more info on a feature that it seems like the majority of people could care less about. It felt like they were trying to sell us and shove season showdown down our throats and make it seem like some groundbreaking, new, exciting thing so they can feel good about what they did with it but instead people got annoyed with hearing about it again and it brought out the backlash.

Thats kind of what i'm saying with how they aren't being as smart about what info they're giving us. Because you know most of the E3 reports we'll see will spend a decent chunk talking about teambuilder (which was well received) and season showdown (which received more critics). They say theres another thing that they've kept secret but i've heard some people say that they think its just a revamped Campus Legend mode (since from the vids it looks like it has yet another new name). Time will tell on that last part though.
I HAVE to create my high school and community college as one star, out of the way teams and build them up like WKU. And a new campus legend would be niiiice. Because last year's version bloooowed

Old 05-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

The reason I will complain is because we haven't talked about gameplay that much. Almost every week Ian or someone else from the Madden team will release something Monday that talks about gameplay, then on Thursday or Friday they will release another thing. But the NCAA team keeps talking about Season Showdown or Teambuilder.

I don't care about those as much as I care about the pocket. Judging from the videos the pocket isn't really helping anything. The D - Line was getting through unblocked and they were also right beside the QB and could turn around and sack him, yet they kept looking the wrong way and kept getting blocked by the O Lineman.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »