Home

Why? (Short rant)

This is a discussion on Why? (Short rant) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2009, 02:39 PM   #25
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Why? (Short rant)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i think the complaining is due to feeling burned the past few years. There hasnt been much improvement in gameplay and people are worried because they havent seen much of a change from last year to this year. Just because people are going to still buy the game or preorder it doesnt mean they can't complain. Its the only college football game out there and those that love college football and video games obviously would want a college football video game so its live with this or you get nothing.

And if people complaining is going to force developers to go elsewhere then they need to suck it up because much like pro athletes must accept boo's and critics, game developers must accept the same when people aren't satisfied.I think the general feeling on these boards is excitement but there are people that are worried that NCAA 10 is going to be a slightly tweaked NCAA 09 with teambuilder & season showdown.
Bingo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2009, 02:40 PM   #26
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
The reason I will complain is because we haven't talked about gameplay that much. Almost every week Ian or someone else from the Madden team will release something Monday that talks about gameplay, then on Thursday or Friday they will release another thing. But the NCAA team keeps talking about Season Showdown or Teambuilder.

I don't care about those as much as I care about the pocket. Judging from the videos the pocket isn't really helping anything. The D - Line was getting through unblocked and they were also right beside the QB and could turn around and sack him, yet they kept looking the wrong way and kept getting blocked by the O Lineman.
I noticed that as well. Lets just suck it up for the next two months. Trust me, if I dont like this game after purchasing it ALL of OS will know. lol

Old 05-16-2009, 02:42 PM   #27
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

I have preordered the game but am generally unhappy with the direction it is taking especially when compared to Madden. The madden devs seem to care alot more about the community and are far more active on the forums. While Madden is released a month later, they have released far more info, all of which is much better than season showdown, and most of which is more useful to ME than teambuilder.

I do not think it is unfair to criticize NCAA or Madden. First as the consumer we can be as critical as we want, and it's hard for me to be sympathetic with exclusive liscensing. While breaking down a video can be a bit much, maybe people would focus less on what can be garnered from a vid if the NCAA team released more information to us. This is the first time since 2005 that I am more excited for Madden than I am for NCAA, although I like the college gme much more. This new feature being announced June 29th better be damn good.

Also, most places don't allow you to return an opened new item.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:46 PM   #28
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
I have preordered the game but am generally unhappy with the direction it is taking especially when compared to Madden. The madden devs seem to care alot more about the community and are far more active on the forums. While Madden is released a month later, they have released far more info, all of which is much better than season showdown, and most of which is more useful to ME than teambuilder.

I do not think it is unfair to criticize NCAA or Madden. First as the consumer we can be as critical as we want, and it's hard for me to be sympathetic with exclusive liscensing. While breaking down a video can be a bit much, maybe people would focus less on what can be garnered from a vid if the NCAA team released more information to us. This is the first time since 2005 that I am more excited for Madden than I am for NCAA, although I like the college gme much more. This new feature being announced June 29th better be damn good.

Also, most places don't allow you to return an opened new item.
Our Gamestop gives you a week to test drive an item. Wal-Mart has a 24hr return policy for opened games/ electronics. And I look at it like this...Madden has 1/4 the teams that the NCAA has and 1/5 of the players. So think about how much memory they have left to add new features or tweak things that would cause NCAA to overrun. I realize that noticing the differences between two games that are virtually the same can be annoying but when everything is broken down into numbers I can understand why and cut the NCAA devs a "little" slack

Old 05-16-2009, 02:50 PM   #29
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
I noticed that as well. Lets just suck it up for the next two months. Trust me, if I dont like this game after purchasing it ALL of OS will know. lol
yea its just hard with the 24/7 forums for people to be as patient as they were in say, 1999 or 2001. People want info right now, not little tidbits to try and suck us in. We've been burned too many times by that.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:52 PM   #30
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
Our Gamestop gives you a week to test drive an item. Wal-Mart has a 24hr return policy for opened games/ electronics. And I look at it like this...Madden has 1/4 the teams that the NCAA has and 1/5 of the players. So think about how much memory they have left to add new features or tweak things that would cause NCAA to overrun. I realize that noticing the differences between two games that are virtually can be annoying but when everything is broken down into numbers I can understand why and cut the NCAA devs a "little" slack
The 7 days at Gamestop is used only IIRC, no idea about wal mart though. The more teams argument is valid to an extent, especially when it comes to uniforms and equipment, But honestly all I care about is gameplay and dynasty, two things that dont really have an excuse for not being good. More of what I am trying to say is that I like what the madden team is focusing on compared to NCAA yet again just making gimmicky features that may move a few more units when they need to be making the game as realistic as possible on the field
Old 05-16-2009, 02:58 PM   #31
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
The Madden devs have really stepped up their PR game this year. We all know they are the money-maker but they are embarking on uncharted grounds in terms of getting community feedback throughout the development cycle. The sheer amount of time their devs have spent on OS interacting with us has raised the bar. This is no knock on the NCAA team but they have simply not been as active in the gameplay arena. This leads to more questions not being answered, which breeds the negativity you see on this board.

I know that I have never spent as much time in the Madden forum as I have so far this year. I've been reading their blogs faithfully for one sentence, "This will also be in NCAA".

I dont know how long you've been around OS but you will see a pattern. Negativity before the demo release, excitement when the demo releases, people picking the demo apart hoping things will be fixed before the actual release, the 'omg this is the greatest game ever" after the actual release and then the official bugs/wishlists threads grow.

Take it for what it's worth
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #32
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
The 7 days at Gamestop is used only IIRC, no idea about wal mart though. The more teams argument is valid to an extent, especially when it comes to uniforms and equipment, But honestly all I care about is gameplay and dynasty, two things that dont really have an excuse for not being good. More of what I am trying to say is that I like what the madden team is focusing on compared to NCAA yet again just making gimmicky features that may move a few more units when they need to be making the game as realistic as possible on the field

Agreed to a certain extent. The NCAA is a gimmick in itself. The BCS has made that clear. The NFL is more of a serious business so thats why I feel it is treates as such. The only gimmicky feature that NCAA has had that Madden didnt have or have a similar feature was Mascot Game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »