Home

Why? (Short rant)

This is a discussion on Why? (Short rant) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2009, 11:00 AM   #57
Rookie

GoVols1985's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Why? (Short rant)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
lol @ a "36 yr old gamer" talking about a "ho move"

the negativity is there because this is the internet. the bigger the game the bigger the user base on the forums. the bigger the user base on the forums, the worse each post gets.

also, i think people are waxing poetic about "the good ol' days" when those days weren't as good as they think. as far as i'm concerned , 03, 04, and 06 were the only really good ncaa games on last gen. so far, 09 was about as good as 03, and we'll see about 10 and beyond. i think people need to remember that tech wise we are dealing with a quantum leap here, so it takes a lot longer to get things done, ergo some parts of the overall package slip. it's just the way it is. to act like the devs don't care or don't work hard is just silly.
Lol, I have to admit I laughed at that also. It reminded me of Ken Jennings on Jepardy.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:02 AM   #58
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

I love to play the game and cant wait...i buy TW to pass the time till it comes out. everyone has different expectations that i can understand cuz everyone has different opinions it just that simple, but i get the game every year and love it every year.
Madden and NCAA dont have the same resources OR the same problems. Madden only has 32 teams and 33 stadiums, while NCAA has 120 teams with 30+ bowls to try to have semi real with less of a budget due to being the les popular game. The reason i think people say Madden gets better while NCAA gets worse is the # of teams and stadiums to keep up with. There are entities for the NFL that want to make sure Madden has most information correct while i think the NCAA is less concerned thus giving less help.
I would like to thank OMT and the rest of the team for their hard work cuz i love the game.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #59
stewaat

OVR:

First off people need to realize this:

Quit comparing the game to the old gen days.

We are on the 5th rendition of NCAA on the 360 and each year has been a step in the right direction...well last year gameplay might have been a little back, but it had online dynasty which changed everything.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:12 PM   #60
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat

We are on the 5th rendition of NCAA on the 360 and each year has been a step in the right direction...well last year gameplay might have been a little back, but it had online dynasty which changed everything.
??? I wish had what you are smoking. Sounds like EA Kool Aid.

04 better than 05, 06, 07
08 better than 09
09 Demo better than 09

How is that a step in the right direction?

I will say it again. If the person in charge of the NCAA series were in my industry, they would be fired. There is no reason for sub par products and that is what NCAA has become. Despite OK sales numbers, NCAA is a below Average Football game. In fact, Madden is a below average football game. The progress on NG Football has been dismal.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:51 PM   #61
stewaat

OVR:

I felt as an overall game 09 was better than 08. I was not talking about old gen at all and didn't talk about the progression there.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 04:00 PM   #62
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
I felt as an overall game 09 was better than 08. I was not talking about old gen at all and didn't talk about the progression there.
Here is the problem Stewatt. 08, 09, 10 could all be GREAT GAMES. My problem is that EA puts time and effort in to stupid concepts (Season Showdown, Mascot Games, Road to Glory, Race for Heisman, HFA, Impact Players, etc.). The lead man on NCAA should have worked on nothing game play for NCAA 07 and NCAA 08 NG. Online Dynasty should have been one of the greatest features brought to online gaming. Instead, because 09 was unplayable against the CPU, Online Dynasty was just another feature.

The excuse of "Mascot Games (Fill in any other mode here) don't take a lot of Man Hours..." is simply an excuse. If they spent 1 hour on Mascot Games it was 1 hour too much.

They should have spent the first 2 years working on Game Play, Game Play, Game Play, and Game Play. At this point there is no reason for this game not to play properly. Then they should have worked on adding in the stupid stuff.

I will say this and get blasted by most, but that is OK. Online Dynasty should not have happened on the 09 game. It was a wasted feature that should only have been added when the Game Play worked correctly and the Sliders worked correctly.

It goes back to the lead person/persons (whomever that may be) for the NCAA series. They lack a true vision for this game and don't see it for what it could be. If this person were in the real business world he/she would be fired for leading a project that is really bad. NCAA has become really bad. I don't blame everyone on the team. I blame one or two people that oversee the entire operation.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:08 PM   #63
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
The negativity has become a drag lately. However, it hasn't ruined my excitement for the game. NCAA 10 in less than two months fellas!
Agreed. I am excited to get my hands on this year's version.

Wow..I just realized that I'll be making the faithful trip in about 7 weeks. Damn...that seems so close but yet so far.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-18-2009, 07:47 PM   #64
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

If I'm paying $60 dollars for the game, I would hope it takes "steps" in the right direction.

But this game is beyond "steps", IMO. The gameplay needs an overhaul. You can't make these minimal changes in the gameplay and expect people to see it as a whole new game.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »