Home

What's the Point of Pre-Ordering?

This is a discussion on What's the Point of Pre-Ordering? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2009, 03:52 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: What's the Point of Pre-Ordering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buke14
To get the extra CAS Spots do I have to pre-order from any particular place?
gamestop and i'm not 100% but i'd think EB too because they're basically the same place
Old 05-17-2009, 05:10 AM   #10
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
gamestop and i'm not 100% but i'd think EB too because they're basically the same place
Yea Gamestop bought EB Games a few years back.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:49 AM   #11
bnb
Rookie

OVR: 4

it's also useful if you live in a rural area like i used to where there's little to no access to games. i used to pre-order so i could have it shipped within a day or so of release instead of having to drive 60+ miles to get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2009, 10:46 AM   #12
Tide is Rolling in!

exboxfan's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
I preorder it to slowly pay the game off instead of saving the money for when it comes out.
Same here. In these economic times I find myself using this method more.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:40 AM   #13
DickDalewood

OVR:

I do it simply so I can make small payments on the game once in a while. That way, come release day, I have the game mostly if not completely paid off.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:28 PM   #14
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
I pre-order to get it at midnight usually.
This.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:28 PM   #15
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

yea i remember preordering madden 1 year at an EB Games (this was before gamestop bought them) in the mall and i'm standing in line outside the store waiting like an idiot with a bunch of other people and they were waiting and waiting and waiting to get the games from the trucks or wherever they were so we're waiting forever, at least 3 hours after they told us to come pick up the game (only an hour for me cuz i figured i would come little later to avoid the initial rush). A chick that worked at the gamestop upstairs walked by and goes "we got plenty of extra Madden copies upstairs." So i just ignored it at first figuring they'll be done soon but after waiting even longer and the workers telling us they're still waiting for them to be delivered to the store, i said f**k it and just went upstairs and got one from Gamestop. So i lost out on $5 no big deal.

But after that i stopped preordering games because usually i get the game the weekend before it comes out but i'm def preordering NCAA this year to get the 13 extra CAS slots. I was gonna preorder UFC Undisputed from Gamestop to get the 2 extra fighters but i learned that they'll be available for download something like 30 days after the game comes out so since i didnt wanna get the game right away anyways, i decided not to preorder it.

I just gotta figure out which gamestop i wanna preorder at.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2009, 12:52 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just go to Wal-Mart right before midnight to get the games I need. Never had a problem at all with getting a copy from there. I remember when GTA IV had its midnight launch at the local Gamestop here in Marietta, Georgia. I drove past the store and noticed the line was ridiculously long. Well right across the street from Gamestop is Wal-Mart. I made a u-turn, walked right into the electronics department and there were maybe 2 other people standing in line waiting. The lady behind the counter was already ringing up copies of GTA IV. It took me only 5-10 minutes to get my copy.

The same can be said about the WoW: Burning Crusade expansion. I went to the local Wal-Mart after midnight and only had to wait 10-15 minutes to get a copy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »