Home

One foot off the bandwagon

This is a discussion on One foot off the bandwagon within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #9
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: One foot off the bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
I have been an NCAA guy for a very long time. And havent baught Madden since 2000. I've played it with friends who have owned it and it never really felt that much better if at all better than NCAA to me.

However i just read this article at ign http://ps3.ign.com/articles/983/983239p1.html

And now I'm really feeling Madden. It seems like their team has really addressed everything that it needed to make Madden scary good and scary close to real football. Pro-tak, Qb throwing styles, more realistic jukes. I know the NCAA team has done a good job but this year might be the year that i have to buy both. If it wasnt for teambuilder and online dynasty I think it'd be Madden in a no brainer.

I still love NCAA and think that NCAA 10 will be a really good game. But based on what I've read this years Madden will actually be the better game.
Technically you're not off the bandwagon, you're just sitting in a different section.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:04 PM   #10
Rookie

Fluffhead's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
I have been an NCAA guy for a very long time. And havent baught Madden since 2000. I've played it with friends who have owned it and it never really felt that much better if at all better than NCAA to me.
I'm in the same camp. Haven't owned Madden since 2002, but am getting it instead of NCAA this year. The past three years I have not even been able to get through season 1 on a dynasty without getting pissed about some glaring gameplay issue making me quit. I owe it to myself to give Madden a go again even if love college football far more than the NFL.

I'm trying not to get too hyped for Madden even though the news that's released is always nice to hear. I'm just not seeing a whole lot of that with NCAA this year and I'm not going to plop $60 down on release day only to regret the purchase once again. If the community reviews come back positively, I may give it a shot down the line.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:17 PM   #11
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Both games are going to be good. I am getting both of them myself. So I ain't worried about the bandwagon crap. Who needs the bandedwagon when you can own both. But I guess the bandwagon is for only the poor people who can only choose only on of them I guess. But me I will be getting both.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 07:47 PM   #12
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brnto4life
From watching some videos, NCAA 10 is getting Pro-Tak "lite". Essentially, they're getting the OL/DL interactions and steering and it looks like they're getting the Breakout system from Madden 09.
I believe the breakout system from Madden '09 was the starting point of what is now pro-tak. Steering animations also came from this(pro-tak) and helps in areas like blocking and sidelines catches.

this is what Russ said when asked if elements of pro-tak were in NCAA:
Quote:
One of the most important parts of Pro-Tak to me is the ability to steer animations, and this is in NCAA 10. It applies to catches near the side lines and blocking (which is huge).

As far as the tackles go, we are always looking at each other's games to see what fits... so only time will tell.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 05-18-2009, 08:21 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 8

might be the year I get both as well...but, I BETTER NOT SEE 9 PLAYERS TRYING TO TAKLE DARREN SPROLES OR THE OTHER PINT SIZED RUNNING BACKS CUZ MADDEN WILL BE SOLD INSTANTLY!

NCAA forever....lol
Old 05-18-2009, 11:03 PM   #14
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I don't really see the reason why people are fighting about which one is better to get. Get both of them and just be done with it to tell you the honest truth.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:12 PM   #15
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Honestly, I am not sold on NCAA( 100% on madden though), but I will definatly play it this year. If the Presentation and Dynasty is solid then i will probably pick it up but right now, its looking like a gamefly rental.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 11:30 PM   #16
Rookie

Shade Shadows's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagatorfan
I didnt like this quote from the gamespot article.

perhaps the starkest difference between the two would be the speed of the games. While NCAA seems to be running at the brisk pace you've come to expect from the series for the past couple of years, Madden NFL 10 has a more measured tempo on the field, one that is entirely intentional according to the game's developers.

I thought they made the speed more realistic in NCAA too. Maybe they just reduced it so that players in the high 90s arent as ridiculous but the overall game speed is still just as fast.
That quote has nothing to do with speed ratings. What they are talking about is just the overall tempo of the game. Watch a real life high school game, then watch a real life NFL game. You'll notice a HUGE difference in tempo. That's what they're referring to. The entire overall tempo of the Madden game is going to feel different compared to the NCAA.
NBA: Boston Celtics
MLB: SF Giants

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »