Home

Which old NCAA is the best?

This is a discussion on Which old NCAA is the best? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2009, 11:20 PM   #33
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Which old NCAA is the best?

2004 on PS2 was one I played the heck out of. 2006 wasn't bad either on the same console. The drop issues on 2005 were just too much for me.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 05-19-2009, 11:26 PM   #34
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

06 is king

I still play it today, the consistent player progression, everything does what it should in that game.. Freshmen with no experience don't dominate because of speed like the garbage 09!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 04:04 AM   #35
Rookie

mistershadez's Arena

OVR: 8

Someone help me out. Which version had the glitch where you'd have the SIX INCH recruit? I remember one game it was like I was tackled by nothing then I noticed it was a 6 inch tall DT bahahahahaha 06 maybe?

South Carolina Gamecocks
| Atlanta Falcons | Golden State Warriors
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 09:42 AM   #36
Rookie

md0t's Arena

OVR: 3

I say 04 over 03 only because they had the classic games, it would be awesome if u could replay ur own classics and try to change the outcome....I'm sure I'm not the first to think that
Old 05-20-2009, 10:05 AM   #37
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
Yeah, I played 2005 two days ago and my QB finished with a completion percentage of over 75% while the computer completed over 60%. I didn't have more dropped passes than a real game would have had. The QBs would also throw bad passes at times, too, which was nice, and this game was no pick-fest!

I felt HFA was cool. It actually made it tough to play on the road and I wish they would bring it back.
The problem with HFA is how it is implemented into online play. It was a complete nightmare. You had people that would only play as the home team. They would then call a defense and their best defender was pumping the crowd. It was lame as hell not being able to audible or hot route at all. Even if you go to loud UF/FSU game in the Swamp the crowd isn't that loud for a sustained period of time. The crowd gets overly loud during critical moments. Plus, going in, your offense has hand signals to overcome those loud moments.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:04 AM   #38
Bearer of the curse

Pokes's Arena

OVR: 19

#1 fav old NCAA is NCAA 2000, I played that game well until 2003 came out. If I still had the game disc and the MC with my Alaska State dynasty I'd probably still be playing it.

On the flip side for worst NCAA ever I would go with 98, 2001, 2002 and 2005 with a tie between 2001 and 2002 for the most worst.

NCAA: Oklahoma State Cowboys - Michigan Wolverines
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: Houston Rockets
MLB: Houston Astros
PSN: Kaiserwilson
Old 05-20-2009, 11:47 AM   #39
Rookie

GatorFan1963's Arena

OVR: 3

Pound for pound, 2004 was the best. The best one in general was 2007. But by that time, I think we were all looking forward to next gen gaming so we kinda stopped caring about those versions. I think at that point they had gone as far as they could in terms of gameplay improvements.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:33 PM   #40
Rookie

wde1723's Arena

OVR: 4

I bought 07 and I am really enjoying it. The main thing I like is that I can notice a difference depending on who I am playing. If I am the underdog, I feel like the underdog. If the other team has a stud DE I notice that through the course of the game. However, when the camera zooms in and the gameplay slows down, it really annoys me. It is ok sometimes but it happens a little too much. The kick return and punt return cameras are horrible. Other than those two things I really enjoy it.

I will give an example of what I meant when I said the ratings seem to matter. I started a dynasty with Arkansas. The first game was USC and I had to play zone defense on them all game. If I tried to play them man coverage, my cornerbacks would get burnt almost every play. Well the next game was against Utah State. I could play man and bump their recievers all game, without getting burnt. They may have beat me for a few quick passes but that was it.

So, so far I am really liking this. Because that is one thing tha I hate about 09. The ratings do not mean anything other than speed, elusiveness, and acceleration. In this game (07) I can use a power back or a possesin reciever and they are just as effective when they should be. In 09 that was non-existent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »