Home

Heisman Trophy in franchise mode

This is a discussion on Heisman Trophy in franchise mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2009, 06:55 PM   #25
Rookie

ChargerHawk's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Heisman Trophy in franchise mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
how about adding some presentation for the Heisman ceremony...
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that in the older game! It was kind of cheesy, but I liked it a lot. It was actually a surprise a couple of times too, meaning the guy who was #1 on the list the last week didn't end up winning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 08:29 PM   #26
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBkobe87
thorpe is the easiest to win by far. I always have a DB winning this award and it usually isnt even my best corner. However, I think this speaks more to how easy it was to get interceptions against the cpu rather then the stats neeeded to receive the award
Let's just say my friend and I EACH had 4 CBs, a FS, and a SS on the Thorpe list one year. So yeah.

That's 12 out of 12.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:19 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 37

I especially love watching my back-up CB's and safeties win awards. Plus, in 09, not one season did my kickreturners not win every single returner award??? I guess it was my excellent coaching

Seconded with the HEISMAN PRESENTATION... bring it back!
Old 05-20-2009, 12:12 AM   #28
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo9000
Yea I've only won a handfull of Heismans since NCAA '06 because of the way I play. Very sim and clean, try to stay away from something if it works or limit it. I think there is a bug on the game though where if you have a quarterback leading the whole way that he'll lose the last week.

I've only won it a few times. All with halfbacks that had about 1600-1800 yards, 20 tds, and a little recieving thrown in.

I have at least two or 3 examples of this on 3 different games.

NCAA '06: Had a stud come back for his senior year. He was on the #1 team, we led all year wire to wire #1, he had great numbers. He had about 4k yards, 38 touchdowns to only 6 interceptions or so. Led the Heisman all year then lost when they announced it to a running back that had like 1400 yards, 15 touchdowns or something on a team that was top 20 maybe.

NCAA '07 (360): Same deal, #1 team. I might of lost a game but still the guy led all year, my team was top 5. He had monstrous numbers. 4k yards like the above guy, 40+ touchdowns, 10 or so interceptions. Led all year then lost to another quarterback with worse stats, worse ranking, worse record, no big games. Ugh.

'NCAA '08 (360): I'm Texas in about year 10 of a dynasty. I have a beastly senior quarterback named Sapp. This guy is a 90 overall, high throw power, 90 speed, and he threw side-armed for some reason. I didn't know if I liked him at first because I am a pocket passer from hell and back. Anyway, we end up finishing #1 in the country and his stats were probably the best I've ever gotten with a quarterback. He had 3000 yards passing, 36 touchdowns to 10 interceptions, 1000 yards rushing, 15 touchdowns. Very much like Tebow when he won it. He got snubbed for another quarterback. One on a lower ranked team, his stats were lower in every category, it just had no logic to it.
Well even on the hardest settings on ncaa 09. I mange to still have a player on my team to win the Heisman every year. Go figure.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:26 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerHawk
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that in the older game! It was kind of cheesy, but I liked it a lot. It was actually a surprise a couple of times too, meaning the guy who was #1 on the list the last week didn't end up winning.
Exactly, I loved that stuff on the old box. I like the idea about highlighting a couple of them.. Maybe some replays, some poses, etc....but this is NCAA next gen we are talking about so.... probably not happening. ever.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:28 AM   #30
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
how about adding some presentation for the Heisman ceremony...
Yes that would be nice to have for the heisman. Good idea bro. Make it a little more fun. Though after while it would get old and boring.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:39 PM   #31
Rookie

rwk2009's Arena

OVR: 5

Also, if I have a player win the Heisman, then in the bowl game if he scores, will you PLEASE let him do the heisman pose?!? That'd be soooo sweet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #32
Rookie

md0t's Arena

OVR: 3

maybe it's because I didn't play this year's game as much as I usually do, but the closest I've ever come in 09 was either 2nd or 3rd a few times, to me it was too much of a hassle to try to focus on one player out performing a cpu candidate with astronomical stats. its more fun just to balance out my entire team so I dominate in all aspects...mainly on offense of course - also the presentation has become just plain awful, just awful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »