Home

If you only could have 1

This is a discussion on If you only could have 1 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2009, 09:17 AM   #9
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: If you only could have 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
IF I was forced to play one and only one, it would be the NCAA series. Madden concerns me....
How does madden concern you this year. Madden is looking to be the best madden of all time. chain gang it back, with a 7 man ref crew, pro tak is look real good, Then franchise mode is been totally been redone. QBs in madden this year will have their own throw style that you see on sunday. Also the new injury system blog the other day is looking great. Do I need to say more bout madden. I mean this is just a thought I had. I mean I know most of us are going to buy both of them. I know i am. I done reserved both of them at gamestop the other day. But this was just a good question to ponder if you only had enough money only for one.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:43 AM   #10
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

My opinion isn't influenced just because this is in a NCAA forum. Based ONLY on blog updates and features released thus far, I would initially say Madden. But from a lasting appeal, value for my money pick, definitely NCAA. Highlighting glitz features, gang (pro) takling, refs, hand towels and gloves, yada, yada, etc. are nice, but when that stuff wears off I still need a game that keeps my interest.

As much as I love professional football, nothing for me is like playing a game of college football. Despite the gameplay issues, nothing topped the experience I had with online dynasties in 2009. Personally, if I could only have one, I know I'd get a much more lasting value out of NCAA.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:27 AM   #11
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
I know this might be a dumb topic. But I was just doing this to get a truthful answer out of all of you. If you could only afford one of the football games this year. So far from all of the info on both madden and ncaa we have gotten. And all of the great updates that both have gotten this year. Which one would you get if you could only afford one of them. Me if I only could afford 1 of them I would choose madden 10 over ncaa 10. Because madden has so many great updates this year. From pro tak to 7 man ref team on the field. Please give me your choice.
European Football. I would buy FIFA and I hate soccer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 10:43 AM   #12
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
European Football. I would buy FIFA and I hate soccer.
Well that makes no sense. Buying a game of a sport that you hate.

Anyways, I would buy Madden. I get more game time typically out of Madden than I do NCAA. After so many seasons of NCAA I become "bored". Madden I can play until the franchise years end.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-19-2009, 10:47 AM   #13
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Well that makes no sense. Buying a game of a sport that you hate.

Anyways, I would buy Madden. I get more game time typically out of Madden than I do NCAA. After so many seasons of NCAA I become "bored". Madden I can play until the franchise years end.
It is because FIFA is one of the only sports titles that EA makes that is any good right now.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:53 AM   #14
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
It is because FIFA is one of the only sports titles that EA makes that is any good right now.
I saw FIFA 09 at Target last week for 14.98 and I'm still kicking myself for not picking it up :
Old 05-19-2009, 11:31 AM   #15
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

NCAA...as i havent played Madden on PS3 yet...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 11:36 AM   #16
Strategy

OVR: 36

Madden. I love NCAA, but Madden always seems to be better put together over all, IMO, of course.

Thankfully, I'll be buying both, as normal, but likely playing much more Madden than NCAA, as normal.

Great Question!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »