Home

NCAA Football 10 Blog: Season Showdown: Show Your Skills

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Blog: Season Showdown: Show Your Skills within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2009, 03:36 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Season Showdown: Show your skills

I was almost there with player lock, but to me this suffers from the same thing that made me yawn about Campus Legend... the angle is not close enough. I love the effort here, but it's not enough.

If I want to BE that player, I need to have a closer shot than that. Player lock doesn't convince me that I am really that player.

On the plus side, I did see some positives. I'll check out the demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2009, 03:36 PM   #26
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

CocaCola must have parked a dump truck full of money in front of the studio for such a small feature to get so much hype.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:36 PM   #27
Rookie

Happyvally74's Arena

OVR: 9

Screw you guys. I want to get rewarded for what I am doing before the ball is snapped.

I've been playing these games for years and believe me, I want those points!
User pick? Hell ya I'm getting points!
User sack? Getting paid and getting points!
Wide open gameplay is gone! Let's go Sportsmanship!

Its so rewarding just getting rewarded with points

++In all seriousness the gameplay from the vid was cool.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:38 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashad19
Undwhelming video....DE's need to get up the field faster and Jacory Harris needs to have a darker skin tone!

I didnt want to say anything but at first I was thinking these clowns accidentally left R.Marve on the U roster. But then i saw the #12 and just shoke my head. I dont want to pile on becuase this is going to be a rough week for the dev. team they are going to get killed until they drop some info of str8 FIRE!!
Old 05-22-2009, 03:39 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

One of these days EA will get smart and hire a coaching staff to assist the devs. Bring in some quality position coaches to work with them position-by-position, show them where they've screwed up in gameplay, schemes, and strategy, and coach up the devs and the motion capture actors so we get a great, realistic game instead of this. This latest vid still appears to have the same problems that have been with the franchise since the next-gen systems came out. Still can't get something like screen blocking right. And I guess we have to wait until NCAA 11 to get the Madden 10 player movement and momentum system.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 39

Give me a break NCAA team, "play like real life football" because you gain points for sportsmanship...Here's an idea, why not just fix the actual game like the Madden team has done? Stop trying to push this stupid thing down my throat. Sorry, but..

HUGE FAIL

Gameplay looked very sketchy as well
Old 05-22-2009, 03:41 PM   #31
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahman19
One of these days EA will get smart and hire a coaching staff to assist the devs. Bring in some quality position coaches to work with them position-by-position, show them where they've screwed up in gameplay, schemes, and strategy, and coach up the devs and the motion capture actors so we get a great, realistic game instead of this. This latest vid still appears to have the same problems that have been with the franchise since the next-gen systems came out. Still can't get something like screen blocking right. And I guess we have to wait until NCAA 11 to get the Madden 10 player movement and momentum system.
This this this this this

I'm still withholding judgment until I've actually played the game, but I've said for years they've needed some sort of consultant for both football games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2009, 03:42 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

"That's the big thing..we need to reward the guys that are good at playing the game."

"We want to reward people for what their doing after the ball is snapped."

Thank goodness we'll be rewarded now. Before I never cared that I got INTs or won the Heisman, led the league in sacks, or for any accolades within my dynasty. In fact, I have no idea why I played because without SS there to reward me for what I do with the sticks, it was just pointless. Thankfully all those things matter now that I will gain skill points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »