Home

SEASON SHOWDOWN WILL FAIL

This is a discussion on SEASON SHOWDOWN WILL FAIL within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 05:26 PM   #17
Rookie

whatcha's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: SEASON SHOWDOWN WILL FAIL

So much speculation. There are thing I don't like about season showdown, but you can't doom it to failure without even playing the game. Sheesh. "I might as well not leave my house today because somewhere out there, someone is going to die. Might as well just stay home." I mean, really?
Old 05-22-2009, 05:35 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
I think there are people out there who will enjoy this feature. Now, am I one of them ... no. Are there enough people out there who will participate in SS to validate resources being spent to implement it into the game? We'll see. However, I do like where EA is going with keeping track of how people play. I like the idea of being able to see someone's SS stats before I play them online. If I can see that they're sportsmanship rating is low and they don't have any underdog wins, I can safely assume that they probably use Florida every game and cheese like crazy. I wish that they would do something more along those lines as opposed to this season long tournament thing.

In short, I like the ratings, especially if I'm able to see my opponent's ratings before playing them. But I think the tournament aspect is a bit of a waste.
^^^THIS ^^^

ANYTHING that gives players more of a chance to know who the other player is and what his online tendencies are is a huge bonus. The team selection part of SS is a gimmick, but the gameplay style and tracking how a player plays the game is a great addition.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:42 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
There is nothing to kill off it,s been in the game for years they just give u points now ..... for user pick,,,user sack ..etc... I was thinking a board of so call hardcore would love more stat tracking ........ More like a board full of hardcore crybabys ....
First, don't insult people. For your own sake.

Second, they've gotta compile all the points, they've gotta create interfaces for everything, etc. It's not the most incredible undertaking, but I can easily see when they go to a new console the decision being made to not make new interfaces and instead use the resources elsewhere.

NCAA is already notorious for features dropping in and out of the game, and I just can't see this being one that they take a little extra effort to keep around when they go to the Xbox 720 or whatever.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:56 PM   #20
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

i dont like all the blogs about this but i will use it its no different than achievements for me. I wont follow my stats or my school closely but I will use it or i wont cut it off.

This why I dont think it will Flop because most people wont care or mind it while their playing. I think most people just hate all the blogs about it
Old 05-22-2009, 06:02 PM   #21
Rookie

GoVols1985's Arena

OVR: 8

I don't think this feature will ruin the game for me, but if it does, no worries, I'll just guzzle whiskey and chicken tenders until I feel better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2009, 06:13 PM   #22
Banned

Brnto4life's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettouch
i dont like all the blogs about this but i will use it its no different than achievements for me. I wont follow my stats or my school closely but I will use it or i wont cut it off.

This why I dont think it will Flop because most people wont care or mind it while their playing. I think most people just hate all the blogs about it
This. I will activate it (because there's probably an achievement tied to it, I'm a whore like that), but I certainly won't follow it closely or care that much.

I just don't understand why this "mode" warrants so much attention.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:17 PM   #23
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Nothing to discuss here. Let the game come out first before some of you guys dissect it like a science project. Thanks.

Locked.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »