Home

SEASON SHOWDOWN WILL FAIL

This is a discussion on SEASON SHOWDOWN WILL FAIL within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
SEASON SHOWDOWN WILL FAIL

Its just a feature that no one wants. It doesnt actually add to the game. Years from now EA will look back at this momment and say "man remember Season Showdown; what a ****-up."

What they dont realize is no one is going to say " Well my team lost our BCS game but hey we're the Season Showdown champs."

SS seems like a feature that only Insane Homer Fanboys who spend most of their free time trolling on their rivals forum sites spewing hate will care about. As just another means to show how much of a life outside fandom they lack.

SS has no appeal and no substancial reason for the average or hardcore user to participate in it therefore it will fail.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: SEASON SHOWDOWN WILL FAIL

+1

and inb4l
Old 05-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #3
Rookie

Ha! I bet you have to pick your SS team to "represent" before the game will let you do anything else. We have no reason to participate so EA will MAKE US participate, them proudly proclaim the add-on was a huge success.

I can even see them posting a blog in February with pictures of a trophy presentation where they give a cheap plastic trophy with a huge COKE ZERO logo emblazoned on it to a thoroughly embarrassed head coach.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:59 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
Its just a feature that no one wants. It doesnt actually add to the game. Years from now EA will look back at this momment and say "man remember Season Showdown; what a ****-up."

What they dont realize is no one is going to say " Well my team lost our BCS game but hey we're the Season Showdown champs."

SS seems like a feature that only Insane Homer Fanboys who spend most of their free time trolling on their rivals forum sites spewing hate will care about. As just another means to show how much of a life outside fandom they lack.

SS has no appeal and no substancial reason for the average or hardcore user to participate in it therefore it will fail.

This shouldnt be locked I gave reasoning behind why I feel it will be unsuccessful and am merely looking for other's opinion as to why they feel this feature will not have the impact on the gaming community that EA seems to think it will have.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:03 PM   #5
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahman19
Ha! I bet you have to pick your SS team to "represent" before the game will let you do anything else. We have no reason to participate so EA will MAKE US participate, them proudly proclaim the add-on was a huge success.

I can even see them posting a blog in February with pictures of a trophy presentation where they give a cheap plastic trophy with a huge COKE ZERO logo emblazoned on it to a thoroughly embarrassed head coach.
LOL I doubt that will be. But if that is the case. This could cause alot of legal issues between EA and fans But I doubt very seriously they are going to force to join in on this kind of stuff if we don't want to. This is really by choice. Plus this might be a big flop because you already have ton of fans on here crying about it and saying it is a waste of time. I don't blame them one bit. I mean what does SS got to do with real life ncaa football. Nothing what so ever. If ncaa Dev team really want to make the fans happy. Start listening to them like Ian has done with madden fans this year. Then maybe ncaa fans will stop complaining so much. Don't add crap you think they want. Add things they request. That is what ya'll get paid for. To listen to fan request and to honor their wishes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2009, 04:07 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahman19
Ha! I bet you have to pick your SS team to "represent" before the game will let you do anything else. We have no reason to participate so EA will MAKE US participate
wrong, try to keep up with the info it's already been said over and over that you don't have to participate
Old 05-22-2009, 04:15 PM   #7
stewaat

OVR:

I usually don't like to agree with these type of threads but...

Old 05-22-2009, 04:27 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 10

Yeah sure it will fail ALL BECAUSE 30-40 people on this site don't like it... THIS SITE DOES NOT =THE US &CANADA...... Boy your dumb .
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »