Home

NCAA Football 10 Exclusive Interview Week #1

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Exclusive Interview Week #1 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2009, 03:08 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 37
Re: NCAA Football 10 Exclusive Interview Week #1

What a complete joke! It's an insult to call this game NCAA FOOTBALL. Maybe it should be renamed EA Gimmicks 10!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2009, 03:30 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
statement made by ea ncaa producer ben.
Did Ben really say that? That's a slap in the face to everyone on this board. A 60-year online dynasty mode that you can play with your friends doesn't give the game replay value after just a few months? REALLY? 60-YEARS?! And why would that be, Ben? It can't possibly be because the gameplay sucks and plays nothing like football and it tends to lose fun after a few months when all the glitches and exploits have been found and abused to no end. It must be because I have never before been able to get points for basic skills to add to some formula to award a meaningless title for "my" school?

Damn. [hopping in car to head over to store to wait til store opens to un-cancel canceled pre-order]. After all, nothing would give me more joy than beating a BYU fan senseless in some stupid video game stat tracker that means less than the Sears Cup. Not even Utah beating BYU on the field would make me happier than beating a BYU fan in a stats-based game.

Alright Zoobs, you have been warned. Never ending bragging and taunting shall come your way when Utah finishes ahead of BYU in SS.

Last edited by utahman19; 05-23-2009 at 03:35 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:56 AM   #67
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
Us hardcore gamers may not like it, but it is what it is. EA's job is not to make us happy by making a fine game. Their sole goal is to make a profit, not to appease the hardcore base.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Unless their product is Madden or NHL of course
I agree with Born4Corn. Madden and NHL and Fifa have really focused on gameplay the past few years and the gameplay has become TONS better. Fifa has surpassed Pro Evo in the eyes of most hardcore gamers just like EA's NHL series has leapfrogged the NHL2K series. Both NHL and Fifa got better by fixing the gameplay, not by appealing to casual gamers.

NCAA has not focused on gameplay and (SURPRISE!) the gameplay is still basically the same as it was in NCAA 07. Not only that, NCAA is still missing lots of features from the last gen. How are they on the 4th next gen version and we still cannot have all the features from the last gen?

Furthermore, I doubt very many casual gamers are reading the EA Sports blog months before the game comes out. Only us hardcore fans do this. Also, read the Madden and NHL blogs and you'll see that they are dedicated to gameplay improvements. NCAA is the only blog that focuses on fluffy crap. If I wanted a gimmick game I would buy a Wii.

A game does not have to be casual to sell well. I think that is a terrible excuse.

Last edited by boritter; 05-23-2009 at 05:04 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:58 AM   #68
Pro

AC IS ART's Arena

OVR: 15

^ Love your sig
Old 05-23-2009, 07:37 AM   #69
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

No formation subs. No new QB ratings. Same ineffective sliders as last year. But utterly stupid and resource hogging Season Showdown is in!! I really, really hope we get a new head of the NCAA team next year that is gameplay oriented like Ian. The direction of the NCAA team just boggles my mind.

I'll be a sucker. I'm 99% certain to get this game at launch. But the slider news really bugs me. The lack of working sliders last year was a huge problem for me as you couldn't fix the poor gameplay out of the box. I really hope we get some in depth impressions from E3 as I feel like I got kicked in the gut yesterday with the crap in the blog and interview.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:37 AM   #70
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

lack of formation subs =
recruiting being fixed =
attendance getting love =
bowl specific endzone art =

3 vs 1 in part 1 one of the interviews = me anxiously awaiting release day

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-23-2009, 10:26 AM   #71
Rookie

xFrenZy's Arena

OVR: 1
I wish they would bring in Defensive assignments. So you could match up which corners you want on crtain offensive players. They had it in a Madden but thats the only time I remember it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2009, 10:30 AM   #72
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

I have bought NCAA religiously for as long as I can remember. I'm a huge college football fan and just a so-so NFL fan that doesn't buy Madden. All the underwhelming info about NCAA 10 has me, for the first time in over a decade, considering buying Madden instead of NCAA. EA should be worried if someone like me is thinking about not buying NCAA, it means they are loosing there core audience. I think EA needs to shake up the NCAA team, they need some new blood in there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »