Home

No formation subs but wow we have season showdown

This is a discussion on No formation subs but wow we have season showdown within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 11:59 PM   #41
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: No formation subs but wow we have season showdown

I'm glad to see that people are beginning to wise up and NOT purchase another underwhelming offering from EA Sports. And yeah, I'm pissed about the absence of formation subs too...rediculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2009, 12:00 AM   #42
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

I just dont think theres any excuse for this not to be in it since Madden has it. I mean it's not like were asking to add stadiums or other stuff from Madden, just a simple logic code to add a feature.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:01 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 10

I think most of the ppl on this site are just little kids!
Old 05-23-2009, 12:02 AM   #44
Rookie

zoltranite's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lendog691
Well guys i guess the only thing left to do to prove our point is to not buy the game. Money is and always will be the biggest factor but alot of people say that and the the day the game comes out there out getting it. So maybe this is the year we step up and let them know were tired of shody products, i do think Madden though will be pretty good....so far.

I would def go for them scrappin NCAA 11 and just re-do the game and come out with NCAA 12.

I havent even looked at Madden yet because i know I am going to buy just like I do every year... the question is if I am going to keep it.. especially since I found out a way to play ESPN 2k5 with updated rosters and schedules and custom music. My problem with Madden is that it has been so dry lately commentary and atmosphere wise.. not to mention presentation.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:03 AM   #45
Banned

davidmj444's Arena

OVR: 6

EA Sports: Ba da ba ba ba, I'm hatin' in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2009, 12:06 AM   #46
Rookie

adamcsay's Arena

OVR: 4

i just hope all the people here complaining about the lack of improvements in 2010 don't go out and buy the damn game. the last thing we need to do is show ea that churning out the same crap every year is acceptable. if the game is crap, don't buy it!

hopefully one day ea will take their heads out of their collective asses and realize it takes more than gimmicks and updated rosters to sell ncaa football.

unfortunately i have a feeling it's going to sell and because ea is the only developer of ncaa football, they'll continue to take advantage of the community.

oh well, i'll put that $60 every july towards rent or something.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:09 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltranite
As far as the 2 rb system. You can currently do that better now than what formation subs could allow you. In formation subs the way they work in PS2 version, you can place a guy anywhere you want, however, if you want the carries to be split 50/50, you are still going to have to flick that r stick to put the other guy in. So if you run a standard Ace form and you put the other guy in and now he comes in everytime you pick that form, if you want the other guy in at RB, instead of holding up the game having to pause it, just flick the r-stick. Or what you could do is go into the sub in/out options before you start your game and you can put sub out RB at 70 or 80%. and put him back in at 95%. That both guys will get some love.
but again that requires me to do something after every play where as in last gen I can set it at the beginning of the season and never have to worry about it. i understand it limits the formations they get in, but that just doesn't bother me because i make sure each back gets an equal number of formations and then call a wide range of plays. and if it was a real concern at either the quarter or half way point of the season I could switch up the back assignments so that way they each get time in various formations. the sub out slider doesn't work for me because it's not exact and if I decide to call more pass plays in a particular game than the #1 won't get as tired thus limitiing play time for #2. again for me formation subs is just far superior than formation packages for the way I play.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:15 AM   #48
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcsay
i just hope all the people here complaining about the lack of improvements in 2010 don't go out and buy the damn game. the last thing we need to do is show ea that churning out the same crap every year is acceptable. if the game is crap, don't buy it!

hopefully one day ea will take their heads out of their collective asses and realize it takes more than gimmicks and updated rosters to sell NCAA football.

unfortunately i have a feeling it's going to sell and because ea is the only developer of NCAA football, they'll continue to take advantage of the community.

oh well, i'll put that $60 every July towards rent or something.
EXACTLY! How many of these people complaining are still gonna buy the game in July? EA has got CFB fans by the balls; they know it, and so do all of the people here. Don't buy the game! At the worst, just RENT it, people! Gamefly exists for a reason!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »