Home

Formation Subs - Really that big of a deal?

This is a discussion on Formation Subs - Really that big of a deal? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2009, 06:47 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Formation Subs - Really that big of a deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdeuce
Its really sad how formation subs are frowned upon because of players playing their best players and cheesers (yes there is a difference)...but people can play a quarters defense vs. any formation and 5'8 175 lbs. CB's can stand up 6'6 330 lbs. linemen everplay! THAT'S WHAT IS B.S.
+1

It's not formation subs that leads to cheezing. It's $#!++y gameplay that leads to cheezing.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:23 PM   #10
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Sub formation is not that big of a deal. I didn't have it in 09 and I bought the game. I can deal without it again in 10. No big deal.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:43 PM   #11
Rookie

milmont77's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moojenowski
... I am more than happy with the given formation subs at the play call screen. Honestly, I think that having complete formation subs would bring much, much more harm than good for online play. Cheesers would run wild with this, and it would get very old, very fast. The NCAA dev team takes the time to watch these teams and get as much of their used formation subs into the game, why is that not good enough?

I would have no problem with formation subs being in for offline play (mainly dynasty), but if it were online it would ruin the experience seeing some ridiculous subs involved.

I think the game is moving in the right direction ...
100% agree with the original post in this thread. Props to the EA team for making one hellova game. The patches last year propelled the gameplay fwd to the point that I really never put the game down. I run with IDAHO online and I am able to use play calling strategies to make differences. IDAHO is 60 OVR and I routinely give top 10 teams a run for their money. I get my share of whippings too, as one might expect with the worst rated team online... but the overall gameplay and the effectiveness of calling the right plays allows me to take down some goliaths too. I am afraid that if too many formation subs are available to onliners... that the purity of what players like myself, like to try and do... play a significant underdog and play competively, would be wiped out by cheeseballers. I really don't want to give onliners the options to play with an extra dose of cheese. If EA grants the formation subs offline... well... that would be just fine. To each their own, and if that's what makes a game for you... then so be it. Me? Well, I couldn't be happier hearing things like pursuit angles have been addressed... You can have all the subs in the world, but if the game play isn't right, who cares? Props to EA for moving this title back into an elevated status. I sold Madden last year within 2 weeks of ownership. Can't wait for NCAA once again Yah HOO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2009, 07:47 PM   #12
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

lame thread that is all
Old 05-23-2009, 08:00 PM   #13
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
lame thread that is all
Why because the OP doesn't have the exact thoughts about formation subs as you? He's just throwing the question out there.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:56 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 37

The simple reality for why formation subs are so important to football gaming... because they are the most basic aspect of simulation football. Gamers need to be able to control who is in each and every play. The frustrating issue is that they were in Madden 09... just transfer the technology from Madden 09 to NCAA 10.... and automatically thousands of people will be happy

Last edited by JAYMO76; 05-23-2009 at 11:57 PM. Reason: sp.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:04 AM   #15
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

I rather we be able to edit/create packages..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 12:21 AM   #16
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

WTF? I'm late to the party There really are no formation subs this year....again? I thought it was a joke or something. WTF? How can you leave this out of the game? That's it. If Madden has online franchise, I'm done with this s***. This is ridiculous. What's next.........no ball?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »