Home

NCAA 10 vs Madden, EA and other issues.

This is a discussion on NCAA 10 vs Madden, EA and other issues. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2009, 10:24 AM   #57
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NCAA 10 vs Madden, EA and other issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Seriously heavy_hitter, you are exagerating the desire for formation subs. The casual fan probably doesn't care. Not even everyone on OS cares about it. I'd like it but me buying the game isn't influenced by formation subs being included or not. Many people will be buying the game because of Teambuilder (although I won't use that either).
No kidding. Give it a rest man. I bet 99% of the people who buy this game don't have the first clue as to what formation subs means or where to find it in the menu. Yes. I'm serious.

Of course I want them in, but I'm not going to go postal everyday over it. This board is just insane lately.

Oh, and this smace767 guy just "gets it". Great points my man.

Last edited by J-Unit40; 05-27-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:31 AM   #58
Rookie

nstod's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchneider84
500 hours of development time? Working 40 hour work weeks (I'm assuming you guys work more, but lets keep it consistent.) it would take 12.5 weeks to add in formation subs? Or a little over 3 months? How in the world did Madden manage to sit that much time aside LAST year to put in something they can't put on the back of their box for marketing?
12.5 weeks if ONE person developed it. If you put 5 members of your team on it, it takes 2.5 weeks. Considering Madden has a bigger development team (supposedly), it's conceivable that they could send 5 guys off for 2.5 weeks to develop it, but it would probably take a huge hit out of NCAA's team.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:48 AM   #59
Rookie

clemsonfan's Arena

OVR: 2

If formation subs is a feature that 99% of the buyers don't want, then why does Madden have it? It's not unreasonable to expect the NCAA developers to put the same effort into their game that Madden does. I mean the last time I checked, NCAA costs just as much as Madden so why should NCAA fans accept it being the red headed stepchild?
Old 05-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #60
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Seriously heavy_hitter, you are exagerating the desire for formation subs. The casual fan probably doesn't care. Not even everyone on OS cares about it. I'd like it but me buying the game isn't influenced by formation subs being included or not. Many people will be buying the game because of Teambuilder (although I won't use that either).
Any person that plays Dynasty Mode is going to use it. Everyone touches Dynasty mode for at least one season whether it is for Online or Offline.

I don't care that Team Builder is in. I think it is great that people asked for this feature and got it. I think the issue is that this is something that the community has been screaming for. Meanwhile. the community has only been asking for Team Builder and no one has asked for SS.

As well, there is a lack of any answers and reasoning from the NCAA team in regards to the NCAA franchise. It is like they are here to throw up smoke clouds. It seems like the really don't care and we get the shaft. Meanwhile, the Madden team answers any and all questions with valid reasons. They are more in tune with that community as a whol.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:08 AM   #61
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
Any person that plays Dynasty Mode is going to use it. Everyone touches Dynasty mode for at least one season whether it is for Online or Offline.

I don't care that Team Builder is in. I think it is great that people asked for this feature and got it. I think the issue is that this is something that the community has been screaming for. Meanwhile. the community has only been asking for Team Builder and no one has asked for SS.

As well, there is a lack of any answers and reasoning from the NCAA team in regards to the NCAA franchise. It is like they are here to throw up smoke clouds. It seems like the really don't care and we get the shaft. Meanwhile, the Madden team answers any and all questions with valid reasons. They are more in tune with that community as a whol.
I have to agree with heavy hitter on this one. I haven't complained too much about not having FS but they are an integral part of the game IMO. Like hh, I think TB is a good thing and I could care less about SS (no real big deal whether we get it or not) but it seem the EA team has gotten away from something fairly important & that is the actual game of football itself.

Like hh said, everyone who plays dynasty would likely use FS. It's a huge help when it comes to game planning. It allows me to use certain players in certain packages to make my D or O as strong as possible and I would likely keep starters off the field on Special Teams as much as possible to avoid injury, which is huge. FS should be a staple item when a Football game is released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 11:24 AM   #62
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Let me be clear. I want formation subs. I can't believe they aren't in by now although OMT stating how long it would take to put them in shocked me. But I also believe that formation subs are something that only a small minority of buyers really care about it which is why it doesn't get added unfortunately.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:31 AM   #63
Rookie

clemsonfan's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
But I also believe that formation subs are something that only a small minority of buyers really care about it which is why it doesn't get added unfortunately.
That didn't stop Madden from adding them. Is it so wrong to expect a feature that we had on last-gen consoles years ago??
Old 05-27-2009, 11:41 AM   #64
Banned

OVR: 10

Why are ppl comparing what madden has to what ncaa 10. don't have??? They are two different games 1) madden has a bigger budget than ncaa so it will always have more 2) OMT and the ncaa crew is not the boss they can only do what they are allowed to most likely budget reason so to get mad at omt is pointless... 3) EA want madden to stand above ncaa that's why you see words like this feature is exclusive to madden.. it,s exclusive because that's the way EA NOT OMT wants it..... MADDEN HAS TO SELL!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »