Home

Is NCAA always a step behing Madden

This is a discussion on Is NCAA always a step behing Madden within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2009, 01:32 PM   #9
Rookie

Fluff E Bunny's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Is NCAA always a step behing Madden

The answer is, obviously, no.

Most of the time it is a mile back, in a different county, with a flat tire, in the rain, with no cellphone, on a Sunday night.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #10
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff E Bunny
The answer is, obviously, no.

Most of the time it is a mile back, in a different county, with a flat tire, in the rain, with no cellphone, on a Sunday night.
yet a few years back people said NCAA was ahead of Madden.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:18 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 30

NCAA was FAR better in 2004 and better in 06.

However, next gen, NCAA has been garbage. I haven't played next gen Madden, but I've heard it's better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 03:43 PM   #12
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
NCAA was FAR better in 2004 and better in 06.

However, next gen, NCAA has been garbage. I haven't played next gen Madden, but I've heard it's better.

Barely, Madden 09 was fun to play games but the franchise mode was garbage and a lot of people thought that was going to be the greatest madden ever.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:06 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

i own ncaa 09 and not madden 09 and i went to a friends house and played it and was blown away. it wasnt amazing or anything but it was so far ahead compared to ncaa 09. and looks like itll be the same way again this year
Old 05-27-2009, 05:41 PM   #14
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Is NCAA always a step behind Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
For the longest time going back to last gen, It seems that the NCAA games have always felt like a college tweaked version of the previous madden release. Am I imagining things or is this correct?
I know Madden has more developers and much larger sales, plus comes out later in the year so this would make financial sense but didn't know if that's how they always built the next NCAA.
It was more like this in the past than this console generation. Both games now share a team of designers and engineers who are dedicated to gameplay, so most of the tuning, tweaking, fixing things are shared. Where we begin to deviate from Madden (and vice versa) is gameplay features. So while we share the WR/DB interaction, the 9 man gang tackles is Madden only. We haven't announced the NCAA specific gameplay stuff yet so I can't comment on it.

One nice thing about it is that we can decide the next year if we want the Madden exclusive feature. And if we do take it, it will be much more polished than it was the year before. I think you'll see it with the ability to break out of tackles that we took from Madden 09... it works much better on NCAA 10 (and Madden 10 for that matter) than it did on Madden 09.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:02 PM   #15
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Thanks OMT. I'm really looking forward to some of the NCAA-specific gameplay goodies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 06:03 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 9

I have always felt this way...to me NCAA has never been cutting edge and simply chose to build off the previous years Madden. Now that it appears Ian and his Madden crew have upped the ante I'm curious to see how NCAA responds.

My gut tells me that the disparity between these two games is going to be so dramatic NCAA is going to have to follow suit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »