Home

EA: Please fix

This is a discussion on EA: Please fix within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2009, 12:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
EA: Please fix

After playing so many games of '09 it has become obvious that the QB contain is broke. In fact, it is practically impossible to scramble at a high level. College football is filled with mobile QB's that drop back and can scramble around and make plays.

In '09, you can scramble somewhat...but then the speed is negated when you cross the LOS. Why are the QB's handcuffed like this? They are a weapon in the open field.

Traditionally, option/scrambling QB's have been amongst the fastest players on the field.

Even in the pocket elusive QB's are very difficult to tackle. Usually the defenders are coming in full speed and a quick juke or spin is enough to buy some extra time (I have seen improvement with QB's breaking tackles in the pocket but we should be able to juke/spin)

EA: Please take the handcuffs off the scrambling QB's. Here is a sample of hundreds of examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gPO...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVcxS...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuHXG...eature=related

If you want more, just look for Vince Young, Mike Vick, Tommie Frazier, etc. These guys scrambled out of the pocket and made BIG plays....breaking tackles, juking people, etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 12:13 AM   #2
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: EA: Please fix

I have an 85 spd QB that has yet to get sacked, barring the CPU jumping the snap, in my online dynasty simply because of how mobile he is. The only change I want to see is being able to activate stiff arms, spins, and jukes behind the LOS with QB's. Maybe holding the LT/L2?
Old 05-29-2009, 12:14 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 29

i'm not trying to be rude here, but chances are that with the game coming out July 14 if they haven't fixed this stuff by now there's probably zero chance they can fix it for this year.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:23 AM   #4
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't think it's broken, contain just puts a defender in position to make a stop on a scrambling qb..

I run the option alot and the only issue i have is your qb fumbling at the slightest touch while scrambling. It's like a penalty for scrambling so i slide alot now at the end of runs.

The 2009 version is a lost cause..It was broken beyond recognition..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »