Home

I can't believe I am saying this...

This is a discussion on I can't believe I am saying this... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2009, 12:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
I can't believe I am saying this...

I understand that the developers have been very active on the boards this year trying to gather ideas of what we really want in a game, but have they really listened? I think what I am trying to say here is that from what I have read is that the community wanted a mass overhaul in gameplay and physics this year, and from other posts I have seen illustrating that the physics this year are looking a lot like last year (aka super players covering to much ground on defense and the lack of a "pocket" on offense which allows the quarterback to magically avoid DE's and get more time to pass the ball).
After all of our griping and suggestions what have we gotten? Cheesy cut scenes of school bands from the blimp cam? Campus Showdown (that no one seems to care about except of EA)? I know the game has not came out yet and I may be a little to critical right now but some new catching animations and a view of the band from a blimp cam is not exactly what I expected when the developers have been so active on the forums. I think what makes me think of this is how improved madden looks this year, the developers have really done a great job at catering to the Madden community this year and I really mean that because I have not bought madden in 3 years because I thought it was just a roster update from year to year but they are really killing NCAA this year.
Anyone else think that NCAA is getting the shaft this year? It is the first time I am not looking forward to this game and I have been a faithful since 2002.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: I can't believe I am saying this...

You know if you don't like don't buy it !!!!!! It's that simple.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:49 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 39

i would say just wait until everything has come out. First I felt like this game was shaping up nicely, but recently I wanted to just give up on it with all this SS news.

But here comes Adam/Ben to save the day with confirming a Mix & Match feature for uniforms.. Something I have been wanting for a couple years. This got my spirits way back up..
Old 05-30-2009, 02:54 PM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Accpet for the season showdown. I think ncaa 10 is going to great. Please stop complaining so much please.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:55 PM   #5
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

please delete

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 05-30-2009 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Please delete this post please. Double post by accident.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2009, 03:32 PM   #6
Hook 'Em Horns

St3fN_sTrApS's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
i would say just wait until everything has come out. First I felt like this game was shaping up nicely, but recently I wanted to just give up on it with all this SS news.

But here comes Adam/Ben to save the day with confirming a Mix & Match feature for uniforms.. Something I have been wanting for a couple years. This got my spirits way back up..
Mix and match uniforms are in Thats too cool.

"Haters can make like bees with no stingers, and DROP DEAD!"
Old 05-30-2009, 04:12 PM   #7
I Like Making Teams :)

NicoFrost's Arena

OVR: 6

Personally I like buying NCAA every year, even when it's not that much better than last. Now that they FINALLY added team builder I really dont care about anything else. I hope they just keep adding to that every year. Like next year have a really bad *** Stadium Creater(rather than select from others, and make it 20 times better than Madden's).

My brother argues the same thing with me, that every year your just buying a new roster. I say it's really no different than HIM buying a new Final Fantasy game(or most RPG's IMO).

Basicly I'm fine with small little upgrades, obviously I'd love to have even more, but it's not going to stop me from buying it with a big fat smile on my face every year.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:54 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

I wouldn't say this is complaining, because I still play the game and I am obviously going to buy it like I do every year. I just think that this year more than any other in recent memory Madden seems to be pulling away. I agree team builder is an awesome addition to the franchise, I just wish we would get some of the upgrades that Madden come up with like ProTak and the presentation overhaul that Madden has got this year, I still would like to see something along the lines of a College Gameday on ESPN feel, anyone else agree?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »