Home

Really...CPU Playcalling Intelligence is the key to this game.

This is a discussion on Really...CPU Playcalling Intelligence is the key to this game. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Really...CPU Playcalling Intelligence is the key to this game.

If this has not been completely overhauled from last year, then no matter what great sliders we can come up with, most folks will start trouncing the CPU by 3 touchdowns within a few weeks on any settings that don't basically skew the game heavily in the CPU's favor.

Some basic Intelligence points that hopefully (i.e. SHOULD) have been addressed.

****1.**** NUMERO UNO, NUMBER ONE PRIORITY - No more QB draw plays on 3rd and 7 with a CPU QB who has 57 speed. Ever.

2. No more 2-3 consecutive screen plays called by the CPU in a row. Happens all. the. time. in 09.

3. Staying with screens, no more "I have the IQ of a turnip" from the QB after the RB is covered on the screen. Find another option.

-Don't slooooowly start rolling to one side...and rolling...and rolling...and rolling...and rolling....until the QB is either a)sacked by a defender who has had about 20 seconds to catch him b)continuing to roll all the way out of bounds for a 15 yard loss or c) throws across the field to the waiting RB who is covered up by half the defense who have been sitting next to him for an hour.

4. CPU Deep Ball attempts..this is crucial. Make the Human player pay for always playing press coverage and bringing both safeties into the box.

5. Hey CPU Coach...if your team has 3 90+ rated running backs and an O line full of 85+ rated Run Blocking studs..****N. THE. BALL. Don't throw it 40 times a game.

If your team has 5 WRs that are all Conference caliber...don't run the friggin' Read Option with a QB who has 60 speed and 2 76 rated tailbacks.

6. Milk the clock. CPU Coach...if you are up on me by 21 with 9 minutes to go....****n some clock. Don't hike the ball until the final playclock ticks are evident. Don't help me beat you by playing like a 10 year old cheeser I see online and throw every down with a 3 touchdown lead.

7. Mix up your Defenses. Bring all 11 defenders to the line...then drop into zone. Bring all 11 defenders to the line..and blitz the mortal piss out of me. Use zone, use man, use zone blitzes. Attack my weakpoints. If the left side of my O line is 70 rated or lower...attack it with heavy pressure from that side.

8. Say it with me now..."A 4 yard run is a GOOD run." I'm sick of seeing a CPU RB rush 23-108 yards with 21 rushes that went for -4 yards, 1 rush that went for 15 yards, and one rush that went for 91 yards. The CPU Running backs need to learn to run up the middle and get what they can from time to time.

If the CPU playcalling hasn't been address with suggestions like these, then trying to get a challenging yet REALISTICALLY difficult (i.e. not skewing the sliders to basically handicap the Human to help a stupid CPU be "hard") is going to be very tough.

Last edited by AuburnAlumni; 05-31-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2009, 06:52 PM   #2
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Really...CPU Playcalling Intelligence is the key to this game.

Great post!!!

Sideshow Bob
Old 05-31-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Yea, the computer AI has been stuck on stupid for awhile. This probably has not been fixed for '10.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:35 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

hopefully they did somewhat fix that play because the hb screen was broken all the way around. if the screen is covered the qb should only have enough time to throw it in the dirt or take a sack. i hope with the moderately improved ol-dl interactions that this is the case. if the screen is covered and the qb chucks it downfield to a wr i'll be perturbed like when human players did it last year.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
hopefully they did somewhat fix that play because the hb screen was broken all the way around. if the screen is covered the qb should only have enough time to throw it in the dirt or take a sack. i hope with the moderately improved ol-dl interactions that this is the case. if the screen is covered and the qb chucks it downfield to a wr i'll be perturbed like when human players did it last year.
Is the illegal man downfield penalty even part of the NCAA series? I don't recall that penalty ever getting called.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2009, 08:09 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

Probally won't be fixed. The CPU will probally still be braindead. The only one of those that I would be remotely optimistic about them fixing is the CPU throwing deep.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 05-31-2009, 08:32 PM   #7
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

I couldn't agree more AA. I will help you out with the last point for your list...Hey CPU QB, throw a Hail Mary that reaches further than 40 freaking yards! Don't throw a post for 15 yards when you need 60 yards with :03 on the clock. Let that sucker rip!

One thing that has been confirmed is the deep ball (lack of) issue last year is fixed for '10.

Looking back, I sure miss the CPU playcalling, execution and gameplan from last gen. I feel what we are missing each and every time I put NCAA 06, 07 & '09 in the old XBOX.

Last edited by J-Unit40; 05-31-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:41 PM   #8
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

I agree %100 with everything you have said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »