Home

Pastapadre has gameplay video up

This is a discussion on Pastapadre has gameplay video up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2009, 04:11 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Pastapadre has gameplay video up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRTALLAHASSEE
You are definitely in denial bro
not even close, i'm just saying how can you get a true feel for the game play when the user is diving all over the place or not using his DL to get pressure properly? just because i don't agree with you doesn't mean i'm in denial.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #58
Rookie

thesteamontheboat's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Well, I liked the fact that the CPU Wash. St. guy actually turned the corner on the run instead of running directly out of bounds like '09. The players also move a little differently...it's not hard for me to notice. Also the cpu QB ran the option with what appeared to be at least .01% of decisiveness in his brain...unlike '09.

As long as the stuff they said works....works. It'll be good. I don't see what you guys expect in terms of looks. The engine and graphics are pretty much at the way they're gonna be for the rest of this gen.
What I expect is for NCAA to make the same kind of Jump Madden made a real noticable jump. Be innovative there just patching up 09 and you know it really the way there doing teambuilder they could do that for 09 with DLC and the website.

Cmon dude I love the ncaa franchise as much as the next person but you have to admit your disappointed based on how big brother madden is doing. Like you said the graphics are pretty maxed out cool... so where are the hand warmers, towels, all the helmets, and most of all where in the heck are the coaches?

I mean they didnt even give us a chain gang or refs no new tv broadcast at all i hate to say it but NCAA 10 is not going to be a must have it will be a have no choice cuz there is nothing else out there.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:17 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Madden does look good, but it's tough to judge until I get my hands on the game. I'm still definitely getting NCAA as college football is so much more entertaining (both in real life and in videogames), but I may give Madden a shot for the first time in three years if OS posters find it to be a great game when it releases. I just always get bored with Madden's franchise mode, though, something that never happens with NCAA. I also love the roster turnover of NCAA.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:53 PM   #60
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12

I was excited for this game. Now it's a rental unless the demo blows me away. Looks very similar to 09. Hope I'm wrong. On a side note, good to see suction blocking is still in the game.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:10 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 7

i'll be buying this game as usual. i had a lot fun with last years game..only because of online franchise. even though this game is looking alot like 09 im still going to buy. what the madden team is doing in 1 year is incredible. not many game devolpers have done what the madden team is doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 9

I will try to put in perspective why every single year I play NCAA more than Madden, even though I'm a bigger NFL fan.

1) I'm a bigger NFL fan. Seem weird? I get sick of playing Madden because in reality its nothing like the NFL at all. Marvin Harrison celebrates TD's by dancing in Madden. It's not like the real-life game at all. Bob Sanders isn't better than other players because he hits harder, he's just faster and has higher awareness and tackling. Players have no personality, they all do the same dances and have the same tackling animations regardless of their abilities or tendencies. It's just a big load of junk compared to the real NFL. That's why I don't like to play it, it just makes me upset.

2) Managing a team in Madden is just too easy. You know that if you throw enough money at a guy, he's yours, period. Who cares if you were 3-13 last year, or have a coach who's personality doesn't fit. No game has ever captured real team dynamics very well, but Madden doesn't even try. Chad Johnson, TO, and Randy Moss all on your team? Super Bowl every year, guaranteed. Piece of cake. Franchise is boring, and easy.

3) In NCAA my team changes every year. There is real risk that the guy I really need to take my team to the next level just won't come to my school. No matter what I throw at him, he's going to Texas because I only won 4 games.

4) The real college game is so unpredictable, that I can justify some of the crazier things that happen in NCAA. My Arkansas State team squeaks out a crazy last-second home victory against West Virginia or something? Hey, it happens. But the Bengals ain't beating the Patriots any time soon, so when I do THAT in Madden, I hate it.

To sum it up, I like NCAA more because in real-life I like the NFL more. The things that happen in Madden that are unrealistic just bother me more, because I watch 75 games or more a season. In the college videogame I can make up the stories and decide what makes sense. 1 great player has more influence in College than in the NFL. If my stud RB has a great game, I can knock off a team I shouldn't. I believe that. I can make up my own storylines, after a couple seasons half my team is fictional anyway. I can do whatever I want and not have to worry about it not matching real life, because to me its a fictional fantasy world anyway. But I can't turn Madden into a fantasy world because I'm just too tied up with the real thing.

Hope that makes sense as to why I'm not even planning on buying Madden, despite how much 'better than NCAA' it is going to be. I'll end up buying it anyway I'm sure. But like always, I'll barely even play it. To be honest I'd probably play it if you could have a completely fictional roster for every single team. But I'd be turned off by how easy it was to run a franchise.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:28 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 9

There is honestly only one big glaring difference to me between the NCAA and Madden videos, and thats the players speed. If they put the same speed curve into NCAA, I'm not seeing it in those videos. Players go from 0-full speed in no time at all, and everything just seems too fast compared to Madden which looks very realistic.

The CPU players had no pass rush at all in the Madden videos, which I was a little worried about. I can only think of one pass play where I actually saw a CPU DLman get pressure. The worst of al is the very first pass play, where Garrard stands there for about six seconds before throwing incomplete to the RB over the middle. I can't think of many times the Bears DL has been completely demolished like they are in some of those plays. That just can't happen to guys that talented, period. It needs big work if that's the case.

Last edited by doctorhay53; 06-03-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 10

Here is the truth THOSE that like ncaa 09 witch is alot will enjoy 10 because they fixed alot of problems..... THOSE who hated 09 will say it looks the same and it,s crap..... AND there will be ppl who take every bad impression to knock the game.... Me i liked 09 but i really hated the way def played but they tuned it so i'm happy will buy....p.s. I don't need anyone telling me if i should like or hate the game i have the ability to make up my own mind....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »