Home

Hard to guage NCAA '10 right now...

This is a discussion on Hard to guage NCAA '10 right now... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Hard to guage NCAA '10 right now...

For those of you that don't know me... I was a frequent poster on Maddenmania and I am a frequent visitor here... but rarely post.

NCAA '10 I believe has been so far one of the hardest releases in the series to get an early read on. We have seen some very clips and information at times... and then at other times... well UGH is all I can say. I am optimistic that OMT and the other team members have a few more bullets left that they haven't shown yet. A few weeks ago I remember him saying that they have one big gameplay feature they haven't announced yet. Teambuilder is going to be great as well as team entrances and procedural awareness. I just hope the NCAA team has one or two more tricks up its sleave or else the Madden team has truely outdone them this year.

P.S. - I wish OMT would give us an answer about whether we will see a good amount of new equipment. The Revo facemasks need it bad...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Hard to guage NCAA '10 right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorman1050
For those of you that don't know me... I was a frequent poster on Maddenmania and I am a frequent visitor here... but rarely post.

NCAA '10 I believe has been so far one of the hardest releases in the series to get an early read on. We have seen some very clips and information at times... and then at other times... well UGH is all I can say. I am optimistic that OMT and the other team members have a few more bullets left that they haven't shown yet. A few weeks ago I remember him saying that they have one big gameplay feature they haven't announced yet. Teambuilder is going to be great as well as team entrances and procedural awareness. I just hope the NCAA team has one or two more tricks up its sleave or else the Madden team has truely outdone them this year.

P.S. - I wish OMT would give us an answer about whether we will see a good amount of new equipment. The Revo facemasks need it bad...
I dont think its that hard to judge. Team builder is popular fluff. If im not mistaking team entrances hasnt been confirmed. Procedural Awareness is just cosmetic. And the game seems to play out much similiar to last years game.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:00 PM   #3
Rookie

Happyvally74's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I am optimistic that OMT and the other team members have a few more bullets left that they haven't shown yet.
Saving those last bullets for their heads on release day
i joke, i joke.

I gotta keep my faith strong in EA.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:03 PM   #4
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

I just look at it this way...I enjoyed 09, and 10 is pretty much 09 with SS, TB (my favorite feature from the last gen versions), some new animations and that game planning feature. Mix 'n match unis, too. So...I'm looking forward to renting first and ultimately buying somewhere down the line. Criticize or insult if you want. That's my opinion on things..no more, no less.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:03 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I dont think its that hard to judge. Team builder is popular fluff. If im not mistaking team entrances hasnt been confirmed. Procedural Awareness is just cosmetic. And the game seems to play out much similiar to last years game.
I think you are right on the team entrances thing... I may have jumped the gun a bit on that. The procedural awareness will just be a nice cosmetic addition. How the game plays is going to be determined on release day. I think some of the changes like OL interaction and WR/DB interaction could make a huge difference.... but its a wait and see approach. We will see how drastic these changes are. I do agree with most people that it seems like the Madden team is really listening to the fans... whereas the NCAA team only listens about 50% of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #6
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinSports414
I just look at it this way...I enjoyed 09, and 10 is pretty much 09 with SS, TB (my favorite feature from the last gen versions), some new animations and that game planning feature. Mix 'n match unis, too. So...I'm looking forward to renting first and ultimately buying somewhere down the line. Criticize or insult if you want. That's my opinion on things..no more, no less.
I agree and thats fine with me, cuz I enjoy 09. so the changes that need to be made are most welcome and i love the additions too. I cant wait...im hoping TW 10 takes the edge off.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:09 PM   #7
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
I think you are right on the team entrances thing... I may have jumped the gun a bit on that. The procedural awareness will just be a nice cosmetic addition. How the game plays is going to be determined on release day. I think some of the changes like OL interaction and WR/DB interaction could make a huge difference.... but its a wait and see approach. We will see how drastic these changes are. I do agree with most people that it seems like the Madden team is really listening to the fans... whereas the NCAA team only listens about 50% of the time.
From the vids I have seen OL/DL INA is not as improved as they said it would be. But cant say for sure until we actually play it. The videos are very dishearting IMO though.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:13 PM   #8
Rookie

I agree there has been some very dissappointing stuff that we have seen through videos... and it has me very skeptical. The other thing that makes me scratch my head is that OMT posted something on the 27th about how they haven't released a bunch of gameplay features and he can't comment on it yet. I am very confused by this... unless they are holding back alot of info. While I feel like there isn't much info left to hear... OMT keeps talking like this... and it makes me feel like they are just sitting and watching us squirm until they release something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »