Home

Are extra CAS slots only available through Gamestop?

This is a discussion on Are extra CAS slots only available through Gamestop? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #25
All Star

OVR: 19
Re: Are extra CAS slots only available through Gamestop?

The thing about Gamestop/EB is...until there is a better place to do the same business (selling/trading/buying/pre-ordering w/ "special offers") I'll be doing business there. There is no other place I can go around here and sell my games with little effort. It also sucks that they buy a game from me for $20 and sell it for $40...but that's business.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 03:50 PM   #26
H*rt M*n! L*c*l S*p*rh*r*

bryan_05's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buke14
Why do you hate Gamestop?
I never said I "hate" them. I just don't want to pay Chicago's 10% sales tax. I don't like how their store smells. I don't like what I've heard about how they treat employees.

I could care less how they handle game trade-ins. They have stockholders to answer to. If you want good prices on trade ins, you need to avoid the middle man (try instead ... Amazon, Half, eBay, Craigslist), just like everywhere else in business.

So back to my question... Is it preorder in general to get the slots or preorder from gamestop/eb?

Fins Up!

GO CUBS GO!

Purple Aces, Cubs, Seminoles!
Old 06-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #27
All Star

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_05
So back to my question... Is it preorder in general to get the slots or preorder from gamestop/eb?
I do believe so, yes.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:08 PM   #28
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buke14
Question: Do I have to pre-order from EB/Gamestop or just buy it from there?
you should preorder just in case although for UFC Undisputed they said you needed to preorder to get those 2 extra fighters in the game and i went to Gamestop the day the game came out and the code was in there so i got the 2 guys without preordering. But im preordering NCAA just to be sure.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:11 PM   #29
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
if you don't preorder from gamestop/eb you have 12 CAS slots on your console. if you do preorder from them you are given an additional 13 slots so you can have 25 CAS on your system. either way you can only put 12 CAS into a dynasty.
how do you know that? With the way you can reorder conferences its my understanding you can put all 25 in your dynasty (replacing 25 teams of course) but you still can only user control up to 12 teams.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:12 PM   #30
H*rt M*n! L*c*l S*p*rh*r*

bryan_05's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCoffey
I do believe so, yes.
LOL @ this answer.

Fins Up!

GO CUBS GO!

Purple Aces, Cubs, Seminoles!
Old 06-04-2009, 04:28 PM   #31
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy316
Yea I could have but then I would have had to do the following
1-take some pictures
2-make the post
3-delete all the spam replies
4-finally find a real buyer
5-call/email him and set up a place or time to meet/ give him my address so he can send me money and get his address
6-take time out of my day to meet up and hope he isn't a lowlife or wait for check to come and wait for it to clear
7- goto post office and spend a few dollars to ship it out. (if we don't meet up)

Hmm I think if you added all that up I came out on top going to gamestop but maybe that is just me.

Also where I grew up the only other video game store was Funcoland(sp) and I don't think they were a "mom and pop" store. I think the only other video game store now is a place called disk replay but their prices (both buying and trading in) are pretty much the same as gamestop. From what I remember they don't offer you any type of savings card or deals. They also don't offer you the 7 day return window for used games.

Trust me it isn't like Gamestop is offering lower prices but it is just they have offer better deals like certain times you will get an extra 20% (30% w/card) if you trade in 5 games. Just little things like that make me want to do business with them.

Also yea I may spend a little bit more on a used game there compared to ebay but I don't have to wait for the game to come and I know if anything is wrong with it I can just return it. Some people on ebay don't offer a guarantee on their products.
FUNCOLAND is Gamestop it was the same company before the name change!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 04:31 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
how do you know that? With the way you can reorder conferences its my understanding you can put all 25 in your dynasty (replacing 25 teams of course) but you still can only user control up to 12 teams.
just basing off what i've heard from devs. i could be wrong though, actually i hope i'm wrong because right now i'm struggling to cut my list down to 12.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »