Home

I think NCAA 10 devs listened to the community

This is a discussion on I think NCAA 10 devs listened to the community within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #41
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: I think NCAA 10 devs listened to the community

I think the developers listened to Coke Zero.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 05:18 PM   #42
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedSox9
This is also true, I like to compare the WWE to EA Sports, when Vince McMahon had competition his product was fresh, however since WCW went bust, WWE has been repetitive.
Great point I use to tivo wrestling now I could care less about WWE. People only do what they have to. Some people need a fire lit under there butt.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:26 PM   #43
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

The NCAA DEVS listened to our thoughts like my dog does over my romatic girlfriend musings he is subjected to. EA hears about what could be implemeted around their marketing ideas thats it.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:59 PM   #44
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylee
Madden's progress, IMO, looks really great.

I think their pocket looks more impressive than NCAA's, movement and speed looks better, etc.

But...NCAA has people hollering for correct stadiums. How many are there...120+ when you include bowl games?

Yes, I wish NCAA had worked harder on certain things that matter to me

1) Realistic blocking, especially option schemes
2) Revamping the whole speed and acceleration system
3) Momentum

etc.

But, these are desires that matter to me. Very few people are as passionate about the option game as me (coachchris, rhombic, steebu excepted), so why should NCAA take time away from things other people feel are priority - stadiums, pursuit angles, whatever - for this?

So there's all these different things AND sales to worry about.
People bemoan mascot games, season showdown, celebrate with the mascot, etc.
but these features all contribute to sales.

If THE COMMUNITY was united in its desires, I'd understand anger at EA for ignoring them.

But you've got X% saying handwarmers and the like are most important, Y% saying the option game is the most important, Z% saying a lack of team entrances is a deal killer, N% saying something else.

So, I think you can say that NCAA hasn't made the same strides as Madden, but that's not really saying that they haven't LISTENED.

Because if you're saying they're not listening because gameplay isn't as improved as you'd like it to be, keep in mind someone else is saying they're not listening because fans are wearing short sleeves in the snow and someone else is saying they're not listening because they can't have black Nikes.
I absolutely agree stylee. A few a us really want the option blocking fixed but I know many could care less or dont even know that it doesnt work so I can see that they do listen to some of the requests and no way they can make everyone happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
If the DL play is fixed, along with the pursuit angles..I'll consideerr that a substantial upgrade, right off of the bat.

Those 2 things alone, destroyed the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
I agree completely. It'll feel like a whole new game with pursuit angles corrected. I couldn't even run the spread offense with WVU last year because pursuit angles made it so easy to get a fast guy and go off to the races.
I agree with this also even though the option blocking isn't correct it would be a huge improvement if DL play and pursuit angles are fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
The comments made by the topic starter are probably the best made about NCAA this year. I'd be surprised if this thread has the responses that many of the threads have had because it lacks several "crucial" elements.
Yep.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:09 PM   #45
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Put me in with the group of people who feel that their voices were heard by the NCAA developemet team. I did not buy the game last year because it was clear from the early videos and the feature-set that NCAA'09 was not made for me and my gaming tastes; online franchise means nothing to me because I never play online and "wiiiiiiide open gameplay" just sounded absurd.

This year it feels like NCAA'10 has been crafted with my interests in mind. Almost all of my major desires were added this year:

- Coach Mode
- Adaptive AI
- Create-a-Team
- The elimination of "Robo-QB"
- Further tuning of offline Dynasty mode

As long as there aren't any game-breaking glitches, I should be good to go.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 07:37 PM   #46
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
Put me in with the group of people who feel that their voices were heard by the NCAA developemet team. I did not buy the game last year because it was clear from the early videos and the feature-set that NCAA'09 was not made for me and my gaming tastes; online franchise means nothing to me because I never play online and "wiiiiiiide open gameplay" just sounded absurd.

This year it feels like NCAA'10 has been crafted with my interests in mind. Almost all of my major desires were added this year:

- Coach Mode
- Adaptive AI
- Create-a-Team
- The elimination of "Robo-QB"
- Further tuning of offline Dynasty mode

As long as there aren't any game-breaking glitches, I should be good to go.
ROBO QB- we will see

I would'nt count your chickens before they hatch.

Last edited by stevedrumsdw; 06-04-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:00 PM   #47
Rookie

bigmike20000's Arena

OVR: 9

I agree that they are listening but at the same time I don't how hard for example it would have been to include even one new facemask or something to that effect. I mean wasn't last years game that they released that early pic of TEBOW with the same old revo and everyone complained and then like a week or two later they released another with his correct facemask. I don't know its probably just me.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:06 AM   #48
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

For the most part they have listen. But the season showdon is what people are crying about. SS to me still is just a gimmick. The ncaa DEV should of ask the people first before putting it in. But mainly the DEV has done a great job.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »