Home

Just be happy you getting a COLLEGE FOOTBALL game!

This is a discussion on Just be happy you getting a COLLEGE FOOTBALL game! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 09:49 PM   #41
MVP

UATide's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Just be happy you getting a COLLEGE FOOTBALL game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcsay
this game isn't free. believe it or not, some of us actually have to shell out part of our income to own it. i think we have a right to complain about it if we choose.

i love college football, so i expect an accurate representation of it when i spend my hard earned cash on ea's product. bottom line, if it doesn't meet my seal of approval, i'm going to make my voice heard.
But you also have the choice NOT to buy it. Just sayin'. I'm not trying to start a wildfire here, I swear.

This Is Alabama Football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 10:18 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettoshark
That game doesn't look half bad. Bands are fully implemented, there are team entrances, the animations look excellent, there happens to be a halftime show, and the mini-game actually looks semi fun.

Watch the vid on the site. You'll be impressed. I mean, when have you seen a tackle like this on NCAA:

I bet if this was WCFX it would be a little more unacceptable. What a racist idea for a game.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:27 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectRipCity
I bet if this was WCFX it would be a little more unacceptable. What a racist idea for a game.
I don't think the game is racist really. I understand what it's trying to replicate. I do understand where you are coming from though. I think the idea of minority colleges is somewhat racist.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-05-2009, 10:35 PM   #44
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I don't think the game is racist really. I understand what it's trying to replicate. I do understand where you are coming from though. I think the idea of minority colleges is somewhat racist.

Well, to my understanding, most HBCUs were formed back in a time when Black folks were not allowed to attend colleges/universities with whites. Those schools were their only options for higher education. There's a lot of history behind them.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:37 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Well I would have a stronger response, but anything controversal is an automatic red flag. I will say this though. If everyone wants to be considered "equal" whether you are black, white, brown, orange, red, whatever. People should act accordingly or atleast have a valid and respectful attempt. Everyone is to blame at the end. It's just too bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 10:40 PM   #46
HBP
Rookie

OVR: 7

Everyone looks like T.O. in that game. But they have some decent things in there: mud, presentation, bands.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:44 PM   #47
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

Why are people so butt hurt over the title? The game is just offering a glimpse into the lifestyle and game as it played at HBCUs. And about HBCUs being racist? Like I posted above, those schools were formed because of...racism, segregation, etc. You can certainly argue their use now when things have become integrated, but it's not like they tell all whites and other races to **** off. In fact, I happen to personally know quite a few white and hispanic folks that are taking classes at HBCUs right now.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:50 PM   #48
Banned

I wish I could respond to that without getting red flagged. They should put in particular forums about "touchy" but mature subjects. I'm out of this dangerous discussion lol.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »