Home

Remember when this board had twice the traffic of Madden?

This is a discussion on Remember when this board had twice the traffic of Madden? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2009, 12:39 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Remember when this board had twice the traffic of Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostintravise
...Maybe because the NCAA team gave us SEASON SHOWDOWN and the Madden team gave us PRO-TAK?!...

I'm still trying to understand why the Madden team has turned it around but the NCAA team is moving in the same direction as always. Why is it that the NCAA team did not get the message that we don't care about stupid features or perks and we want a quality FOOTBALL game before we want a crapp College Football one. It's really a joke and that is why I (as well as about 100 more other OSers at any given time) do not visit this board.
what are you talking about season showdown looks to be one of the most revolutionary features in a sports game ever. who wouldn't like to prove to the world that their school has the most pride by competing in online trivia games and by exhibiting good sportsmanship in a video game.

saying that the NCAA team doesn't get the message is a bit unfair to say because the madden team is obviously bigger and has a larger budget and therefore can make bigger and better improvements. and the only way that the NCAA team feels that they can make a comparable product is to play the hand they're dealt and put in tacky features like season showdown. (OD was amazing last year though) I'm not trying to make an excuses for the NCAA team but so far it looks pretty obvious that madden is gonna poop on it this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 12:43 AM   #26
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Well I'm one that has contributed to the rising Madden #'s. I probably haven't visited that forum in 3+ years, until this year. I'm actually excited to play a new NFL game.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:47 AM   #27
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRunAndShoot
what are you talking about season showdown looks to be one of the most revolutionary features in a sports game ever. who wouldn't like to prove to the world that their school has the most pride by competing in online trivia games and by exhibiting good sportsmanship in a video game.

saying that the NCAA team doesn't get the message is a bit unfair to say because the madden team is obviously bigger and has a larger budget and therefore can make bigger and better improvements. and the only way that the NCAA team feels that they can make a comparable product is to play the hand they're dealt and put in tacky features like season showdown. (OD was amazing last year though) I'm not trying to make an excuses for the NCAA team but so far it looks pretty obvious that madden is gonna poop on it this year.
This is why I would like to see the dev. team use they're resources on more substance and less fluff. They can work there way up to fluff like season showdown(and team builder IMO) once they have given us the core improvements we ask for.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:17 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 9

For a lot of people '09 was was a tipping point. Next-Gen NCAA has been bad, but '09 was supposed to be a real change. And it was.

For the worse. Instead of giving us back user control like we wanted, they "awarded" us with wide-open gameplay. Perhaps the gimmick of all gimmicks it proved to a lot of people that the dev team either isn't interested or isn't capable of making a fun, balanced game (ala last-gen).

Couple that with the bugs for rosters early on and that game really lost people from the begginng.

Instead of correcting the last game, or atleast making that their main focus, we're getting "Season Showdown." It's useless to most of us, but more importantly, it just shows a complete and total disconnect to us "hardcore" gamers. You give us completely broken gameplay, and the remedy is season showdown. Collectively, a lot of us have said...

"Who gives a sh*t"

I only check this board because I'm interested in playing the demo still. I give myself a less than 25% chance of buying NCAA, because I loved the '09 demo (but, we didn't get that game). I'm just interested if they even pretended to add physics to the game.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:26 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven Draconian
For a lot of people '09 was was a tipping point. Next-Gen NCAA has been bad, but '09 was supposed to be a real change. And it was.

For the worse. Instead of giving us back user control like we wanted, they "awarded" us with wide-open gameplay. Perhaps the gimmick of all gimmicks it proved to a lot of people that the dev team either isn't interested or isn't capable of making a fun, balanced game (ala last-gen).

Couple that with the bugs for rosters early on and that game really lost people from the begginng.

Instead of correcting the last game, or atleast making that their main focus, we're getting "Season Showdown." It's useless to most of us, but more importantly, it just shows a complete and total disconnect to us "hardcore" gamers. You give us completely broken gameplay, and the remedy is season showdown. Collectively, a lot of us have said...

"Who gives a sh*t"

I only check this board because I'm interested in playing the demo still. I give myself a less than 25% chance of buying NCAA, because I loved the '09 demo (but, we didn't get that game). I'm just interested if they even pretended to add physics to the game.
+ freaking 1
Old 06-06-2009, 04:23 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 13

NCAA physics: objects in motion tend to stay in motion. Customers walking past NCAA 07-09 on the shelf tend to continue walking past in their search for a video game worth buying.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:01 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
This is why I would like to see the dev. team use they're resources on more substance and less fluff. They can work there way up to fluff like season showdown(and team builder IMO) once they have given us the core improvements we ask for.
they it looks to me is that the NCAA team just waits for the Madden teams gameplay code and they stick it in the next years game and tune it for a more college like feel. NCAA always plays like last years Madden with maybe some new tech and bug fixes. (i know its a little bit more complicated then this but this is what it feels like)

dont get me wrong i aint a complete ***** i still buy the game every year at launch even if the game is broken (09). but its only because i love my school(s). with all due respect to the ncaa team; ncaa is always gonna be madden's stepchild.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 07:39 AM   #32
All Star

OVR: 33

Every 2nd post is a "I hate NCAA 10" post.

In Madden, every 4th post is a "I hate Madden 10 post".

NCAA has double the negativity and half the usership.

Too many negative comments on this board. I wanna hear discussion. Not constant ranting, bitching, whining. Its annoying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »