Home

legit SS question for OMT

This is a discussion on legit SS question for OMT within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2009, 09:09 AM   #9
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: legit SS question for OMT

SS= sportsmanship
Old 06-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #10
MVP

UATide's Arena

OVR: 14

SS = Season Showdown, actually.

This Is Alabama Football.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:01 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
SS= sportsmanship
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 10:39 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
When are FSs ever brought to DE? These players a occasionally used in special blitz packages, but they would be manhandled when lining up directly across from even a mediocre O-lineman. Not to mention they shouldn't have much experience rushing from a 3 point stance. The only reason CB and safety blitzes work is because they are at full speed at confused linemen. This advantage would be completely taken away when the speed guy meets resistance by a lineman. He shouldn't even be able to use that speed.

Top speed guys used at positions like TE isn't used in real games either because the coaches and real defensive players aren't blind and think he's a slow TE like the NCAA game player is when he's calling his defense and just sees 2 WR, 1 TE, 2HB. This should really have no more effect than putting your top WR in at the slot. Same with HBs in at FB.

With the speed guys in at QB... this will not be fixed until blocking and momentum are completely overhauled.
I was speaking more to the first two, and not to putting a DB at DE.

I've seen plenty of teams either shift a speedy receiver to TE for a certain set, or convert a RB with some speed to a H-back, a hybrid of a FB and a TE to use speed to maximize matchups with LB's over the middle. To counter this, all you have to do is control a Db, and bring him up to cover the WR/TE short.

Look, I personally play very little on-line, but I spend a great deal of time playing off-line with other people in person. I've also spent a great deal of my 26 years learning the game of football, not just the version that's played with a controller. Every player has certain tendencies and will do things to try and gain an advantage. But just like in real football, there is a counter for every move that is made. Some guy runs the option with a 97 speed WR? Bring up a blitzing linebacker or even manually bring up your safety, he's not throwing, so a user-controlled DB is a great way to contain this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »