Home

What casual fans want?

This is a discussion on What casual fans want? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2009, 08:30 AM   #9
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: What casual fans want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Casual fans could care less about attention to detail actually. They'll love the game anyway. Prime example is a friend of mine who told me that Madden 07 was the ****, when in all actuality it was trash.

That and many other examples have come to my attention when it comes to casual fans. They most definitely lack attention to detail. The base game is all that matters to them pretty much.

Back in the day, out of my circle of friends, I would be the only person who really noticed small nuances in video games, ie the belt swaying back in forth on a street fighter player model, the clinching/unclinching of fists, etc, etc.

I'd be sitting there harping on how the avatars chest would heave (any random game) after exertion and folks would be, "huh"? I'd have to point the **** out to them, they never actually noticed anything on their own, it was weird.

Hell, most folks I know dont even know sliders exist in these titles.
This.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:36 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Just to add a little more to that. I was talking to my father who is one of those diehard Madden/NCAA fans the other day, and I mentioned that I play strict sim style and I commenced to run down my house rules and slider sets.

I opened him up to a whole new world to say the least. I told em to try the game using my sliders. I had to explain the whole process to him, and he's been playing these titles since the inception just as I have.

He knew nothing about sliders AT ALL. That goes for most casual fans. So to sum it up, what do casual fans want? It most definitely aint what we want, lol. I dont think they want anything, just a basic football game to play.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:43 AM   #11
stewaat

OVR:

IMO Madden is more for the casual fan. NCAA doesn't even have player names! What casual person wants that?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 12:06 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 25

NCAA/MADDEN are clearly headed in very different directions with a totally different set of goals.

Ian and Co. have focused on realistic/sim - style gameplay. This has been stated by just about everyone from their development team when they come on here. So we have a good idea of what their goals are (maddden team).

Ncaa has been a bit more of a mystery. The developers are barely ever on here, and when they are we only get very small bits of info which leads to more speculation by the public (us).

If anything, NCAA is more about features, features and more features (which is a good thing). But the features department is CLEARLY their main focus 1st and foremost. I am sure the game has made good strides on improving on 09 (WORST ncaa EVER btw) but "SIM" gameplay does not seem to be in the cards.

All we have is gameplay vids, which seem to show a game which is SPED up if anything (VERY bad thing) and has a much more "arcade" feel than this years MADDEN.

But, only a month left and we will all know soon enough. Hope it is enjoyable along side MADDEN and not a "filler' til 8/14 (which is kind of how i feel at this point).
Old 06-08-2009, 06:29 PM   #13
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

IMO casual fans love graphics and scorefests. They don't want to work for scores and have it be too hard and have to shut it off on their third possesion.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:39 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
IMO casual fans love graphics and scorefests. They don't want to work for scores and have it be too hard and have to shut it off on their third possesion.
+1

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »